Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Push start and remote start

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xibar
Remote start requires an auto tranny, right? Otherwise, I'd get it.
no, the 370z i test drove had a stick and push button start
Old 02-21-2010, 12:22 AM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
I don't like the idea of having the inserted and not just keep the key in your pocket, come on now Nissan Altimas have been doing that for a awhile now!
sorry, i don't understand what you said. Double negatives confuse me. So you don't think it's a cool idea to enter the car, leave the fob in your pocket and have the car start? That sounds like the best idea ever to me.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:29 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by MythEyeLess
sorry, i don't understand what you said. Double negatives confuse me. So you don't think it's a cool idea to enter the car, leave the fob in your pocket and have the car start? That sounds like the best idea ever to me.
I think what he was referring to was that Ford had a push button start for the stang that required you to insert the key, then push the button to start the car which seemed silly to me. My daughter's Altima has the system as he stated where she can keep the key in her purse or pocket and still get into and start her car.

Last edited by wilkinda; 02-22-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:57 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Push button start is standard for '11. Remote start is an option for automatics, not available on the manuals (gee, I wonder why!).
Old 02-21-2010, 05:15 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Push button start is standard for '11. Remote start is an option for automatics, not available on the manuals (gee, I wonder why!).
Its obvious why. That being said, there are a few after-market companies that do make these remote starts for a manual transmission. They are expensive and require switches be added to ensure the car is in nuetral and to bypass the "clutch in" before starting. There are also horror stories involving cars coming thru walls due to cars not being left in nuetral and switches that were not installed correctly
Old 02-21-2010, 10:58 AM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Did some research and found a few companies that offer a keyless ignition system with push button start. I really like the star drive from auto hub.

http://auto-hub.com/stardrive_push_start_ignition.html

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/2GOKEYLESS1.html

http://www.flamingriver.com/index.cf...rod/prd379.htm
Old 02-21-2010, 06:01 PM
jklimczak

[/LIST]
Wonder if it could be added to 2010
Old 02-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Xibar
1st Gear Member

Where would the button even go? Does it replace the keyhole, or do they put it somewhere more accessible?

Does anyone else have an issue trying to find the keyhole first thing in the morning (ya, ya... I know... That's what she said...)
Old 02-21-2010, 06:11 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

haha im sure if you're sneaky(for lack of a better word) enough you can get a hold of the system you want(corvette remote start for example), and you want to customize it into your own vehicle you can.. Might be more expensive but it will also be add higher on that "cool factor"
Old 02-22-2010, 08:46 AM
kierankelly
1st Gear Member

Can someone confirm/explain this further? Is he saying that there is an actual button you push to start the engine in the 2011 Mustang rather than turn the key? if so, this is the first I've seen it.

Quick Reply: Push start and remote start