Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install Boost Brothers Rev 2 headers yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:00 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lupo222
I had more of a nightmare with them, but once in, i'm satisfied. Their customer service BLOWS. And I mean, B-L-O-W-S!!!

They flat out lied to me about getting the "rev 2" headers that don't need to be banged out and "fit perfect". Swore the steering shaft issue was corrected.

My only question for you Chief, is if you took them off and got new ones because you didn't want to "re-install" but put on pypes anyways, why not just put the BBs back on and save the money? hehe
Because I was pouting??? I don't know, I was just very irritated because the employee told me they'd fit just fine and then the job had to be done twice. Plus, I don't really like the idea of denting the tube. I did try but couldn't do it while installed. I just have a bad taste in my mouth and I kept hearing all the voices that said, "you should get Pypes headers. They fit great." All those voices were correct I have to say.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan
Because I was pouting??? I don't know, I was just very irritated because the employee told me they'd fit just fine and then the job had to be done twice. Plus, I don't really like the idea of denting the tube. I did try but couldn't do it while installed. I just have a bad taste in my mouth and I kept hearing all the voices that said, "you should get Pypes headers. They fit great." All those voices were correct I have to say.
They said the F-ing thing to me. Pisses me off. Like I said, their customer service blows. Their product isn't so bad but F*** them lol
Old 05-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

so other than the steering column rub, and the drivers frame rail rub...how is the quality?

if those 2 issues can be corrected right quick with some backyard inguenuity...and the rest of their LT's are a good product...about $300 is worth considering
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan
I couldn't get the steering shaft to stop rubbing. Instead of taking them out to dent the tube, I just took them out and put Pypes headers in. Anyone want my old long tubes real cheap? I can mark the spot to dent.
wish I was near. I'd take 'em off your hands. I have a torch and a Big F**king Hammer...and I ain't afraid to use them.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:18 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
so other than the steering column rub, and the drivers frame rail rub...how is the quality?

if those 2 issues can be corrected right quick with some backyard inguenuity...and the rest of their LT's are a good product...about $300 is worth considering

wish I was near. I'd take 'em off your hands. I have a torch and a Big F**king Hammer...and I ain't afraid to use them.
LOL! BTW, I didn't have any frame rail rubbing, just the damn steering shaft.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus

I had frame rail rub, the steering shaft, and problems aligning the X-pipe with the stock tubing (easy to correct with a little elbow grease).

The quality is great! I get looks and thumbs up everywhere I go (although I'm sure that has a lot to do with the cams as well....)
Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

so the mating surfaces for the heads are nice & thick & flat?

and the joints where it meets up with the mid-pipe is well designed?

fit/rubbing can be adjusted. it's a bit of a PITA at times...but for 1/3 the price I can live with that a tiny bit. as long as the important pieces like flange face seal and the setup doesn't leak
Old 05-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Nope, no leaks! Everything was actually surpisingly really good quality! Nice looking welds...shocking, I know...
Old 05-09-2010, 10:28 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

I was impressed with the quality actually. Right up until I tried to use the steering :-) The set that I have impressed a couple of the other guys in the office when they arrived.