Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who thinks push button start with keyless door and trunk entry would be a nice option
Would be a nice feature
62.50%
Not interested
37.50%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Push button start

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 12:14 PM
carlesious

Default Push button start

Whens the mustang gonna get push button start with keyless door and trunk entry; i mean come on, even Hyundais and the new ford fiesta have it. I rented a 2010 Nissan Altima a few weeks ago, and you could enter the car, the trunk and start the car without ever taking the keys out of your pockets.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:36 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

you're right, mustangs suck

I'm going trade mine in for a hyundai elantra so I can get a push button start. Its a nice option but is nowhere close to a deciding factor in getting a car.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:41 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

If you want a push button start that bad install one...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-mus...FRuenAodLBP2TA
Old 06-06-2010, 03:45 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
If you want a push button start that bad install one...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-mus...FRuenAodLBP2TA
agreed.. im still on the edge about installing one.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Kenny_k82
2nd Gear Member

It is an honost gripe... I don't understand why they don't get a push button start. Even with saleen, roush 427r, roush stage 3, do you even get a push button? Just seems like it would be easy and appealing.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:48 PM
carlesious

I think your missing the point. I'm sayin that ford needs to catch up with modern technology features, mercedes first came out with this back in 1999. And don't be f*ckin smartass, I wouldn't buy a Hyundai just for that feature either, but I'd consider getting a Nissan 370Z which has it, or a 2011 Camaro Z28 which is supposed to have it.

I appreciate intelligent replies, but that bullsh*t comment you shoulda saved for someone elses post.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:23 PM
MustangMike908
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by carlesious
I think your missing the point. I'm sayin that ford needs to catch up with modern technology features, mercedes first came out with this back in 1999. And don't be f*ckin smartass, I wouldn't buy a Hyundai just for that feature either, but I'd consider getting a Nissan 370Z which has it, or a 2011 Camaro Z28 which is supposed to have it.

I appreciate intelligent replies, but that bullsh*t comment you shoulda saved for someone elses post.
I personally don't want a pish button start. As an OPTION it'd be nice for those who would like it, but I personally don't like the keyless entries.

My sister has a 2008 altima and I hated driving that care with the push-start.

Its all in personal preference but its something that can be installed easily, so its not that big of a deal
Old 06-06-2010, 04:27 PM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

i would install an aftermarket keyless and push start... i agree that its a good idea and hoped that the 2011 would have it. on the other hand i can see that the mustang is a very traditional vehical and installing techs like that put it further and further from its roots....
but the current mustangs are far enough away from the old models in tech that i would rather see it than not.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Is it a nice feature? Yes. Would I pay for one in a Mustang? Maybe/probably not. I can definitely live without it.

I agree that with some of these electronics, the Mustang gets away from it's original roots. Essentially, it's supposed to be a cheap, fun sports/muscle car. With all kinds gadgets and electronics, it not only raises the price, but takes away from the heritage.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

The $14,000 Ford Fiesta has it and our car doesn't?? This needs to be added! But not between the center vents like on the BOSS. Which means, we won't see it until they redesign the dash (ie. 2014 Model Year).

Quick Reply: Push button start