Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who thinks push button start with keyless door and trunk entry would be a nice option
Would be a nice feature
62.50%
Not interested
37.50%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Push button start

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by starbai
but its a relatively inexpensive feature to mass produce and when you're paying over 30k for a car...why cant it have a few creature comforts? Its not like its adding any weight or affecting the car negatively in any way.
Sorry, but I can't place things like needless complexity and details added for the primary purpose of projecting a particular image in the creature comfort category. It's pure "gingerbread", to use the term the salesman who we bought the '79 Malibu from used as we went through the order sheet. Today's term might be "eye candy", with emphasis on the word 'superficial'.

It's pretentious. As difficult as the concept might sound to some, not everybody wants to be seen or thought of as being that way. Being able to do 'pretentious' cheaply doesn't make it any better. Only cheaper.

It doesn't add anything to the car that you can't reasonably accomplish by existing means.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 06-23-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 AM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by carlesious
Regarsless of how small the sampling of people that respond to this poll is, you come off as the type of person that feels like, "I don't like it, so the hell with what everyone else wants". You'd probably say the same thing if there was a national survey and the results were the same.

It would be a shame if people with your mentality were running Ford and GM, we'd have a barebones car with no modern innovation in it. Im sure that would be fine for you, but it's that narrow minded mentality that has lost Ford and GM lots of sales to foreign car makers.
There once was a friend of mine who spoke about "bare bones cars" ... he said if the car doesn't need it to run it is more weight, this is coming from a person that in his LS1 Camaro who ran 10s on stock bottom end motor ... but we won't go too much into that, but any idea why people ordered cars with rollup windows and manual locks? Because weight issues because they seen it as "oh it will make me this much faster" when clearly they could of gotten the automatic stuff, and whenever something is automatic like that it is bound to mess up and you will have to buy an expensive part to fix it, get someone else to fix it, instead of being able to fix a minor manual setup with minimal difficulty... just my .02

Btw I could care less if it came with a system that when I woke up in the morning it cranked up just to warm up and the car door was open when I walked out of my house and when I sat in the seat the door closed, and I put in the destination and my car drove me to where I wanted

Last edited by WildWes11; 06-23-2010 at 09:13 AM. Reason: bad word in there sorry
Old 06-23-2010, 09:36 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Gents..... Bottom line here is that it all comes down to personal preference. Some people like this, some like that..... Everybody doesn't like everything and will argue with you until you're both blue in the face about it. I see the push button starts as something you should be able to order from the factory IF YOU WANT IT (like the factory HIDs)..... If you don't want it then the key would be your option. Simple as that.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:41 AM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
Gents..... Bottom line here is that it all comes down to personal preference. Some people like this, some like that..... Everybody doesn't like everything and will argue with you until you're both blue in the face about it. I see the push button starts as something you should be able to order from the factory IF YOU WANT IT (like the factory HIDs)..... If you don't want it then the key would be your option. Simple as that.
Nothing fun in life came without arguing
Old 06-23-2010, 01:20 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
preach on bro.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

If it were only as simple as personal preference (and having the choice). That's the real crux of the matter. Individually, I don't care who wants pushbutton start or even how many others do, as long as I can get mine without. Collectively, I'm concerned that I could get stuck with it anyway.

Norm
Old 06-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Warthog5
1st Gear Member

What's the point?

This one http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-mus...FRuenAodLBP2TA

you have to still put the key in the ign switch and turn it to ON. Then push the button.

No thanks.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:55 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warthog5
What's the point?

This one http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-mus...FRuenAodLBP2TA

you have to still put the key in the ign switch and turn it to ON. Then push the button.

No thanks.
Right the whole benefit of the system is keyless... no need to take it out of your pocket. if you still have to do that I agree its kind of useless.