Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who thinks push button start with keyless door and trunk entry would be a nice option
Would be a nice feature
62.50%
Not interested
37.50%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Push button start

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:03 PM
wusthof
2nd Gear Member

my dad has an 06' Vette and it has that feature. I thought kool, walk to the door and unlocks automatically but then I sat down behind the wheel. I had to either keep my somewhat wad of keys in my pocket and imo is uncomfortable or have them out of your pocket somewhere in the car, so you midas well put the damn things in the ignition and give em' a turn. I do agree that the mustang kinda got the shaft with the techno things, but @ least they're starting with the new power plants. my .02
Old 06-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

It's a waste IMO, I have too many other things I want done before that...
Old 06-06-2010, 05:15 PM
hoodlum54
1st Gear Member

I love mustang's and their heritage as much as the next guy, but for real: I want this as an option. Is it a deal breaker? Of course not...but it is worth mentioning that lots of other cars (cheaper cars, even made by ford) feature this technology. It's not like we're asking for something only ferrari's have. It's cool/handy to never have to take the key out of your pocket. And the push button start with the sound of the new 5.0? mmmmm...tasty.

Oh, and that POS off of American Muscle is useless. You have to put the key in the ignition then turn it, but not all the way AND THEN press the button? Ugh...kinda defeats the purpose don't you think? my .02
Old 06-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I guess I just see it as another gimmick that I'd get tired of or the "cool" factor would wear off. Along the lines of Mycolor, ambient lighting etc. I have no problems with it as an option, personally I wouldn't spend the money. I'd rather put that $$ towards something like 4.10's or t-lok. JMO
Old 06-06-2010, 05:34 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

It would be nice but something I would personally not spend the money on.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 PM
hoodlum54
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by alec231236
I guess I just see it as another gimmick that I'd get tired of or the "cool" factor would wear off. Along the lines of Mycolor, ambient lighting etc. I have no problems with it as an option, personally I wouldn't spend the money. I'd rather put that $$ towards something like 4.10's or t-lok. JMO
I see what you're saying, but it's not really a gimmick (other than "cool factor" what does MyColor do? I love it, but it's not really useful per se) My brother drives the G37 I mentioned in my last post, and it's really quite helpful. I thought it was dumb till I tried it, but it makes life easier if you don't have to reach into your pockets and pull out your key or remote. Carrying groceries, a child, or you're in a hurry (or just plain lazy). Plus the ladies love it
Old 06-06-2010, 05:44 PM
04goat
1st Gear Member

well i think it is a pretty crappy deal. the mustang has been on the behind since, well a very long time! and i am glad to see ford step up and produce a car that has the capability of 12's stock. put in the hands of a good driver. but i still think they should have put in better options. hell i drive a fat pig gto that is has ugly written all over it. i bought it because of the interior and the drivetrain. and the same for most of the stang guy's, they are buying the new stang for the engine and tranny, as the car still looks the same to me. maybe by next year ford will realize that the public wants a better interior with all the bells and whistles.
Ford ruint me as a ford person. there warranty sucked back in the ninety's. i had a 450 powerstroke diesel that had a miss from the day it was taken off the truck. ford could never stop the miss, and the end result was a blown engine at 19.000 miles. so i can see where you guy's are frustrated. good things come to those who wait.
But if you want to speed thing up, start sending ford all your feedback towards the 2011 and what you all want changed. if enough send they will listen! good luck guy's, and congrats on the great car...
Old 06-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoodlum54
I see what you're saying, but it's not really a gimmick (other than "cool factor" what does MyColor do? I love it, but it's not really useful per se) My brother drives the G37 I mentioned in my last post, and it's really quite helpful. I thought it was dumb till I tried it, but it makes life easier if you don't have to reach into your pockets and pull out your key or remote. Carrying groceries, a child, or you're in a hurry (or just plain lazy). Plus the ladies love it
True, I mean I'd spend $100 on it like the one from AM but that one is pointless when you have to use & turn the key. I guess it depends on how much it would cost. Some remote starts are like $800+ which is too much for what it is.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Paul1588
1st Gear Member

Push button is a waste imo, Y someone would gripe about something so useless when the car itself is already full of useless crap u dont even need, to say the car is behind in tech is a serious fail, these cars have too much tech, the engine alone is a modern wonder,sync,auto headlights,hid options,,,, so if your gunna cry about a $50 button maybe ur driving the wrong car,these are not supposed to be techadvanced luxury cars, Its a sports car,
Old 06-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

It's actually a really cool feature... very convenient. Just like hands free through ford sync. Is it necessary? No, I can just as easily plug in a headset to my phone, or use a bluetooth headset, but having it is extremely convenient and when paying as much money as we do on these cars now.. meaning 30k plus, it should be an option. With the Ford Fiesta having it, I assume we will see it in the mustang very shortly.

I've had a rental corvette that had it and it made life much easier. Sometimes the keys can be hard to pull out of your pocket, or like someone above said if you are carrying groceries and saves a lot of time.

Quick Reply: Push button start