Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much will the 2011s go for next summer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

So what are you gonna do when they come out with the next Mustang that is faster?
Get rid of your almost new one again for a brand new one?

That reasoning is absolutely STUPID and will only bury you in debt forever.
There is ALWAYS going to be a faster car out there.
Your 06 is a great car. Be happy with it and if you NEED more power then mod it.

If you are not happy with how fast your car is now mod it.
What I don't get is you say you don't have all this money yet you are on the forum talking about appearance mods all the time.
Why not stop throwing away your money on that and get some go mods?
Why not STOP for a while all together and THINK about things at get your priorities straight instead of just thinking

"I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, AND IT HAS TO BET THE BEST"
Unless you are a friggin millionaire, this wont happen.
And you won't EVER be happy with what you have either.

If you are just trying to buy the fastest car out there just for bragging rights then you are an idiot and you will be throwing your money away forever trying to keep up.

Do you even race or track your car?
I doubt you do.
If you did it is unlikely you would be talking like this.

I am not trying to be harsh but I think you are just a kid who wants to say you have the fastest car around and are making stupid decisions based solely on that.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:55 PM
carguygt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
So what are you gonna do when they come out with the next Mustang that is faster?
Get rid of your almost new one again for a brand new one?

That reasoning is absolutely STUPID and will only bury you in debt forever.
There is ALWAYS going to be a faster car out there.
Your 06 is a great car. Be happy with it and if you NEED more power then mod it.

If you are not happy with how fast your car is now mod it.
What I don't get is you say you don't have all this money yet you are on the forum talking about appearance mods all the time.
Why not stop throwing away your money on that and get some go mods?
Why not STOP for a while all together and THINK about things at get your priorities straight instead of just thinking

"I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, AND IT HAS TO BET THE BEST"
Unless you are a friggin millionaire, this wont happen.
And you won't EVER be happy with what you have either.

If you are just trying to buy the fastest car out there just for bragging rights then you are an idiot and you will be throwing your money away forever trying to keep up.

Do you even race or track your car?
I doubt you do.
If you did it is unlikely you would be talking like this.

I am not trying to be harsh but I think you are just a kid who wants to say you have the fastest car around and are making stupid decisions based solely on that.
hahahahhaha LMFAO!!! Fck dude, this made me laugh! Reason being is your SOOO RIGHT! and it sounded EXACTLY like my father yelling at me for the same **** when I was a teenager!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:00 PM
carguygt
2nd Gear Member

Dont waste your money kid if you cant afford it. Ill paint a picture...
Say you owe 12k on your car, and you trade it at dealer for 9k. Ok, your out 3k right there, then you go spend 27k on a used 2011 GT, now your in debt for 30k right off the hop.

Now, if you would have taken a THIRD of the 30k you just spent on the new car, and modded your 06, then youd have one hell of a street car in your hands... just some food for thought.

On the same note, I dont blame you for wanting the 2011, its a great car, but so is yours. I was the same as you when i was younger, not that im old, im 26, but still. I used to trade off my camaro's all the time for faster ones instead of modding mine, and by the time I was 18, I owed about 16k on a car worth 9k...
Old 08-29-2010, 04:01 PM
2bro

Lightbulb How much tax per vehicle ?

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
if they are still on the lot at 1st of Sept, they have to pay taxes on them for that new fiscal year.

Also, the primary concern is they want to rid their old stock for the 2012 models.

JIM5.0

What type of tax is this? Please explain.

Could you be referring to the interest the dealer pays to the bank who owns the cars? I am not in car sales, but would like to understand the dealers cost.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:58 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Well because the 2010s seemed to lose like 5-6k (in my area) when the 2011s came out, I would assume that (depending on how amazing the 2012 will be) the 2011s would be 3-4k less.
$3000-$4000 off sticker sounds about right. Add any other universal Ford-wide incentives and you will probably see an additional $1000 to 2000 off on top of that.

And if the 2012 Boss will be priced not too much more than GT Premuim range and not too close to Shelby GT500 range, that car could be another reason why 2011 GTs would be priced cheaper to move.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:14 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2bro
JIM5.0

What type of tax is this? Please explain.

Could you be referring to the interest the dealer pays to the bank who owns the cars? I am not in car sales, but would like to understand the dealers cost.
Its a product tax that the franchise (dealerships in this case) must pay for the products in their inventory.
Kind of like how you have to pay tax on your property, the sales lot has to do the same, and if the dealer has ALOT of left-over cars on lot, they could wind up taking a huge hit.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
$3000-$4000 off sticker sounds about right. Add any other universal Ford-wide incentives and you will probably see an additional $1000 to 2000 off on top of that.

And if the 2012 Boss will be priced not too much more than GT Premuim range and not too close to Shelby GT500 range, that car could be another reason why 2011 GTs would be priced cheaper to move.
I don't see the HUGE differnce performance wise in the 2012 Boss. I assume it will be just like when the Bullitt came out and was only 15 hp more. I'd rather just buy a used Shelby.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:37 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

then you don't understand what they've done for the boss
Old 08-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

There was a 2010 GT on the dealer lot for $35k as of 2 weeks ago. So I wouldn't count on them going for cheap
Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

The new Boss is going to be rated at about 440hp from what I have heard.
I am sure there will be some possible weight reduction and some suspension improvements as well perhaps.

Still onegoal, you are missing the whole point.
If you go to buy a car just because the new model is faster than the old one, you will never be satisfied with what you have and will be in debt forever.

I have read a great deal of your posts, and it seems you never listen to ANYTHING as far as wise words are concerned.

It seems though you are hell bent on not listening simple reason and maturity and you are still just thinking "I want, I want, I want... and it must be the best".

In a way it makes me sick.

In another way it makes me feel sorry for you...
because like I said you will never be satisfied with what you have, and it is truly sad when a person cannot be satisfied, grateful, and appreciative for what he has... because he will always just be comparing what he has to others, and never actually enjoy what he has either.

Quick Reply: How much will the 2011s go for next summer?