Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i has a problem with the 3.7L Motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
onegoal
Banned

Hell if it was me and they don't know how to fix it I'd demand they take the car back and give me a replacement.

We almost did that with my Dads Sonata he bought but they figured it out.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:08 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

I'd drive it like I stole it till the motor grenaded. That'll give 'em something to figure out. lol
Old 10-15-2010, 01:20 PM
tr6nut
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
I'd drive it like I stole it till the motor grenaded. That'll give 'em something to figure out. lol
It's my wife's commuter vehicle. I'm more concerned about it stranding her somewhere.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:25 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

TBH, that's why I wouldn't buy a first year model. No offense. Still, that should be NO excuse in this situation. I see you're from NOVA, and yes, the dealers around here are pretty retarded when it comes to things like this. I'd stress this some more, def use your lemon laws against this. Your car is under warranty, and is bone stock. There should be NO reason why Ford isn't taking care of this car, or giving you a brand new car.

Go up there and raise some noise. Threaten to sue if you have to. That's ridiculous that they were basically like "LOLOL OH WELL U B IIGHT". Not cool.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:26 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Thats why you don't buy the first year of a new setup... My 05 is full of fail.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:34 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I hope that they fix your problem ASAP. Unfortunately its just one of the things people have to deal with, when a company installs a brand new engine into their cars there are issues that need to be hammered out and eventually those engines will be bullet proof. But I agree as the consumer you are being screwed, Im sure Ford will fix your problem and those of others and hopefully once fixed you will have your car for a long time and forget about the bad taste in your mouth from this experience.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:40 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
I would definitely go to the dealer and immediately demand a loaner....at the very least.
Yep, Ford should give you a loaner car until they figure it out.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

This is nothing new, my 95 blew a headgasket because Ford installed the gaskets backword for the first two years of production of the (then new) 3.8's. Im not sure of a single new engine platform that doesnt have a few problems the first year or two. It suck, but you also kinda have to expect a few problems when you get a brand new item.

Good luck, hope you get it fixed.

Matthew
Old 10-15-2010, 01:44 PM
tr6nut
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
TBH, that's why I wouldn't buy a first year model....
Unfortunately, our assumption was the 3.7 was used in previous year Mazdas and Lincolns so it was bulletproof.

Unfortunately, the parts that are failing are the parts they changed for the Mustang.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:52 PM
tr6nut
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Yep, Ford should give you a loaner car until they figure it out.
We just got off the phone with the Zone Rep. We asked her:

1. Why doesn't Ford want the failing parts? Usually engineers researching a problem want hands-on access to the failed components.

2. Why does Ford think it is reasonable for us to drive a car with a known defect, in failure mode, for in indefinite period (There is no time line for a proposed fix)? Why can't they install a new camshaft & followers so the car is fully functional while they develop a permanent fix? (I mentioned the VA Lemon Law as a part of this question).

3. Why are we not being offered a loaner since this is a known failure, with no ECD for a fix, and the car is under warranty?

Zone Rep says she needs until COB Tuesday to get us an answer.

Quick Reply: i has a problem with the 3.7L Motor