Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 3.7 problem, chapter 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

no one is saying he should be okay with it, he should just calm down about the whole thing.

Demand a loaner from the dealership, leave the car with them until its fixed, and chill out about hiring a lawyer.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:51 AM
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

Unfortunately, loaner + dealer keeps car until fixed is a far better option than how he is being treated...
Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 PM
tr6nut
1st Gear Member

We asked the zone rep about a loaner car and that was one of the yes/no questions she would not answer. There literally was silence on the other end of the line.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:34 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Good luck OP, hope you get it figured out.

And screw chilling out and waiting to see what happens. Do what you need to do to get it fixed. $30,000 is alot of cash for a paperweight.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:43 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

you know what will happen when you get a lawyer now? You still don't have a working car and you are paying for a lawyer. At this point as long as ford is working on a solution, and they have only looked at the car once, you don't qualify for damages or lemon law. So just hold tight, and work with your DEALER on getting a loaner. Ford (the company) doesn't give out loaners.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:06 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

I know someone who was so pissed with the problems he'd been having with his car, that he went to a sign shop and had them make a vinyl sign for his back window detailing all of the cars problems and lack of a solution and huge ones on the side that said: "This car is a piece of crap" and parked it in front of the dealership. That got their attention fast. They bought the car back from him.

This wasn't in the States though so check the legality of something like that where you live, just in case.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:09 PM
tr6nut
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
you know what will happen when you get a lawyer now? You still don't have a working car and you are paying for a lawyer. At this point as long as ford is working on a solution, and they have only looked at the car once, you don't qualify for damages or lemon law. So just hold tight, and work with your DEALER on getting a loaner. Ford (the company) doesn't give out loaners.
Actually, Lemon Laws vary from state to state. In Virginia (where I live), if they don't fix the problem in 30 days you become eligible for the lemon law. Also, in VA, if you prevail, the manufacturer pays the attorney fees.

Of course, as they say, your mileage may vary.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

It'd be legal to do here in the states so long as he kept it on public property. That's pretty clever actually. Far cheaper then a lawyer.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CincyGT2009
I know I'm jumping into this pretty late in the discussion, but I think it's sort of odd that so many people seem to be telling the OP that it's not a big deal and he should just be patient. I seriously doubt any of us would tolerate being told that we have to accept continuing to drive a brand new car with an engine which is in the process of eating itself. I've seen many people on here acting FAR more brash and upset over water leaks than this gentleman is about a faulty engine... Just food for thought, absolutely NOT trying to fan flames...rather just to add my perspective on it ;-)
+1

If something is wrong with the BRAND NEW CAR the guy just bought, legal action SHOULD be taken if the dealership is basically laughing in their faces (which, they most likely are doing). You can't do that. That's what warranties and all of that are for.

Telling someone that they should wait for Ford to find a solution just because they have a lot of other cars is silly, esp since these cars should have been TESTED before coming out on the showroom floor to begin with.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I agree on that this is totally ridiculus.
There is no way you should have to drive around with brand new
friggin car that has a bum engine.

Screw the calm down. You have every right to be absolutey enraged
about this. If they really stand by their product and customers they should put a new
friggin engine in your car and fix the problem AFTER.
They obviously are'nt working on fixing YOUR engine or it would be apart with
workers looking at it right now.

COMPLETE B.S.
You need to stop allowing yourself to be a victim here because you are.
They don't give a crap about your car.
What happens if it takes them 6 months or a year to find and fix this problem on
other cars? You need to stop asking and start demanding.... NOW.
Or else they are going to play you like a friggin fiddle.

Tell them to give you a car that works, or reimburse your hard earned money....NOW.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 10-19-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Quick Reply: My 3.7 problem, chapter 2