Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about the Brembo Brake Package...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:11 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Those wheels are also a lightweight wheel. They look wicked too. Besides the GT500 SVT wheels I would say they are the nicest FORD OEM wheel I have seen to date.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:27 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Showstopper
You could get brembo takeoffs on ebay too. Even alcon brakes would be sick
Brembo take-offs? Or did you mean knock-offs or clones?
I would never trust a clone or knock-off Brembo brake set as far as I can throw them. They are illegally made and break all sorts of trademark and patent laws. Also, in most cases, they are not USDOT approved and do not meet minimum road safety specs.

Aside from the legal crap, they are just plain unreliable an could be damn dangerous. Nine times out of ten, these knock-offs are illegally made in China, and these Chinese cloners care nothing about putting a quality product out. So, they use weaker metals, machine them with improper tolerances for the materials in question, and what you get are improper heat expansion rates and the caliper pistons seize up. The pads, being made of sorrier metals because these illegal guys want to sell you the cheapest piece of crap, will wear down much more quickly than they should.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:31 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Brembo take-offs? Or did you mean knock-offs or clones?
I would never trust a clone or knock-off Brembo brake set as far as I can throw them. They are illegally made and break all sorts of trademark and patent laws. Also, in most cases, they are not USDOT approved and do not meet minimum road safety specs.

Aside from the legal crap, they are just plain unreliable an could be damn dangerous. Nine times out of ten, these knock-offs are illegally made in China, and these Chinese cloners care nothing about putting a quality product out. So, they use weaker metals, machine them with improper tolerances for the materials in question, and what you get are improper heat expansion rates and the caliper pistons seize up. The pads, being made of sorrier metals because these illegal guys want to sell you the cheapest piece of crap, will wear down much more quickly than they should.
He said take-offs and they are out there for sale. It's not that uncommon to goto other sites and see guys upgrading their GT500 Brembo brakes and selling them as well. I had a set of 2008 Brembo's that I was gonna put on the 2010 but never got around to it. Sold them
Old 10-31-2010, 10:33 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
He said take-offs and they are out there for sale. It's not that uncommon to goto other sites and see guys upgrading their GT500 Brembo brakes and selling them as well. I had a set of 2008 Brembo's that I was gonna put on the 2010 but never got around to it. Sold them
Oh, gotcha, he meant pre-used
Old 10-31-2010, 11:11 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Oh, gotcha, he meant pre-used
Wouldn't pre-used be new?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:42 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

LOL, yeah, probably, if they meant that as soon as they bought the car, they immediately took them off, I mean they took them off right on the factory floor before the tire could even turn one single revolution!

Afterall, even after the car rolls off the assembly plant, it takes an average of four miles on the ODO to drive the car into the factory holding lot, then drive it onto a car carrying truck, roll it off of that into the train yard, drive it onto the train, drive it off the train, then drive it onto another truck, and finally roll it off that truck, and drive it onto the dealership lot. At least it took four miles on the ODO to do all that. get my drift?
Old 10-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5 Dot 0
The wheels and tires are different and the wheels are unique to the package. If you can afford the package it offers a great value. I also believe the sway bars are different so there's a lot more to the package than just the brakes.
I don't have the brembo package, but I do have the 19" spoke brushed aluminum wheels (look awesome, by the way), and also have the engine bay's sway bar with the GT in the center. I was looking at other wheel options, and I thought I had the top of the line......
Old 10-31-2010, 01:16 PM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gaspi101
I don't have the brembo package, but I do have the 19" spoke brushed aluminum wheels (look awesome, by the way), and also have the engine bay's sway bar with the GT in the center. I was looking at other wheel options, and I thought I had the top of the line......
Which wheels are those? The Brembo package wheels are painted and not brushed. You can buy the same wheels in black from Ford.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:24 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

the Brembo wheel is ONLY available right now with that brake package
Old 10-31-2010, 05:57 PM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Here's the rim in black. I've seen it on the Ford website as well.

Last edited by 5 Dot 0; 10-31-2010 at 07:08 PM.