Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The difference between 87 Vs. 93 tune.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:21 PM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

thanks. cause not every station has 93 here. some are 93 some are 92.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:22 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Wow, interesting. I heard of 93 octane and 91 octane at the pump. But I never knew they sold 92 octane at the pump. I'm just a little more educated now.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:57 PM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

its prolly the same stuff to be honest though.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:47 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

It's still a good idea to run a 91 octane tune with 92 octane. While the knock sensors should pull out the timing under moderate-heavy load where the octane really matters, it's not a good thing to rely on. Knock sensors should be there for times like that, however that's like saying you want to try crashing because you have seatbelts and an airbag and it won't hurt too bad. LOL
Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by ikemikestang
Hells to the NO! You have to have force induction (super charger/turbo) on a 05-10 to run with the New 5.0's!

Seen the 11's with custom tunes and other small mods hit the 11 seconds on the quarter!
Damn! However thats likely not with street tires though.

So you need a super charger just to keep up with a 2011? Then I really do need a new 5.0

Or I suggested to my dad that we get like a GTO, or a SS454, 427 Stingray.

I told my dad I should have a SS 454 and he said that it is not practical. I wouldn't mind having a cobra jet also.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:54 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Onegoal, you're hopeless. Someone kick me for even ATTEMPTING to respond.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 AM
BlueBellThunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal

So you need a super charger just to keep up with a 2011? Then I really do need a new 5.0

I told my dad I should have a SS 454 and he said that it is not practical. I wouldn't mind having a cobra jet also.
You don't need a 5.0 you a-hole
Old 02-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
You don't need a 5.0 you a-hole

Old 02-18-2011, 04:45 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

You seem extremely wealthy. Wanna purchase me a new set of rims or a roush m90? Ill take a good picture and you can frame it on your wall. (:

Im dead serious.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:25 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Why cannot you get it through your damn head that you will NEVER get a brand new car? Or really hot car?
Just give up, because your dad will not bend to what you want. Seriously, just give up. Your dad knows you have anger problems and if you were to drive a powerful car, you would get pissed at whatever gets under your skin and you would wreck.
You admitted this in this thread:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-dad-said.html

You also admitted in several of your other threads that you mooch off your dad who is disabled. Come on now! Give it a rest!
And for gawdsake, listen to your dad for once.
You said your dad told you that it is not cost effective for you or your parents to buy you a brand new car, even an '11 GT Coyote. Listen to him! He knows something that you fail to realize because of your own personal greed. This thing your dad knows is budgeting money! Your parents most likely are on fixed income and you want to put yourself and your parents into financial stress?

You admitted in another one of your threads that your parents will not co-sign for you. There is a reason why. And you should listen to them!
They are sacrificing alot so you ca get a 4yr degree, yet you admit in your other threads that all you care about is looking "flashy" at university when your primary goal should be getting your 4yr degree.

Dude, change your goal. Your "ONEGOAL" should be finishing school. You need to change getting a Coyote into a "NOGOAL" because what if you do get a Coyote, or even a vette, or whatever but you never finished school? You will have to continue working at S*** min wage jobs when you are already 30yrs old!

Quick Reply: The difference between 87 Vs. 93 tune.