Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:43 AM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default THE LAW IN PA

Under the law, the manufacturer must, at no cost to the purchaser, repair or correct any defect which substantially impairs the use, value or safety of the vehicle and which occurs within one year after delivery, or 12,000 miles of use, or the term of the manufacturers express warranty, whichever comes first. If the defect cannot be repaired after 3 attempts, or if the vehicle is out of service for a total of 30 calendar days for repair, generally, you may be eligible for a replacement vehicle or the refund of the purchase price, less a limited allowance for use. First, contact the manufacturer's zone representative at the telephone number listed in your owner's manual.

This is the LAW in PA. as I stated before and I provided the link before.
I believe you have met all the requirements.
I hear what people are saying I sat down and read the whole thing before I offered any advice. I just want the speculation to stop and the truth be spoken.
For anyone else interested in what PA has to say about this below is the link.
Ford knows the law and so all of you here as well. If you need any further assistance "D" PM me because as I said before allot of Airmen and Women are following this and my Team we are Army and we are pulling for you and as always Thank You for your Service. Just a side note your car Dealer is full of crap I called my friend who runs a Ford Dealership in Cincinnati Ohio and he said, if all is true with your claim they have failed and the Lemon law applies.

www.lemonlaw.com/pa-lemon-law.html -

T Wayne in Iraq
Old 05-20-2011, 11:37 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Ok so Ford is giving away cars like candy to the contestants of American Idol but can't even get this girls car looked at in a reasonable amount of time??? F-U Ford! Despicable.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:07 PM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default Well Put

Well put TimBo I must say this is why I became a Ford buyer because of this same crap From GM and my poor mother I told her the Camery is not all that
and that thing had been in the shop so many times and before that car was her GM nightmare. I have stated my 2006 GT has been nothing but fun and no issues. I just don't understand this inaction seems very Un American.

T Wayne in Iraq Q:How Hot Was It In Iraq Today Kinda Just Like That.

D vs.Ford
Old 05-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Does the PA lemon law apply? The car was purchased in NJ. If the car was initially registered in PA, then it would seem the PA lemon law applies. I don't recall anything in the thread about which was the initial state of registration.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:21 PM
tourer

Ya know, I had the same smell and a whiff of smoke through the vents as I took a 2011 302 on a 50 mile test ride, I thought it a bit odd as the temps were in the 50s that day, so high temp wasn't the issue. Told the dealer about it and they looked at me like I had 2 heads. I've since demo'd a 2012 under similar conditions and it didn't have any of the symptoms the 2011 displayed.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:00 AM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default NJ LAW

Is your vehicle a lemon?
A new motor vehicle is presumed to be a lemon if it has one or more defects that continue to exist after three attempts at repairs, OR after the vehicle has been out of service for a total of 20 cumulative calendar days. The Lemon Law requires that the consumer write to the manufacturer giving notification of one last chance to repair the defect (see page 3 for more information about this process). To qualify under the Lemon Law, the defect must substantially impair the use, value or safety of the vehicle. However, the Lemon Law does not cover defects caused by an accident, vandalism, abuse or neglect. It also does not cover defects caused by attempts to repair or to modify the vehicle by a person other than the manufacturer, its agent or an authorized dealer.

Good eye this is the definition in N.J
So it would appear that she meets the standard on this.
A post I read yesterday was that 20/20 was doing a story on the lack of action on items covered under warrenty by Ford.
I think this is a shame all the hard work at Ford to bring the new standard to the plate and bean counters and lawyers will have destroyed this overnight.
Because I see no reason not to back your products unless your getting bad advice or orders from the top. Ford's stock was below $4.00 a share not so long ago and it is up because at the time the leadership dug in and re-took the market with great products. Now for a few pennies in a Fiscal Quarter
you are willing to test the loyality of new costumers and old alike.
The American Car makers have a chance to regain what they lost in the 80's & 90's and if they let it slip again it means thousands of American, Canadian, and Mexican jobs. They better step up because boat load after boat load
of cars are hitting our shores everyday. I know they have not been givin a even playing field that is why you have to perform above the rest in every
area. In my job losing is not a option and I can only imagine what America will look like if we allow it to slip away from us even further.

T Wayne in Iraq
Old 05-21-2011, 07:27 AM
jlc41
2nd Gear Member

I think T. Wayne has hit the nail on the head and has provided a solution to the problem. I don't understand the delay/refusal by the dealer/Ford to take care of this. Makes no sence what so ever. I hope D takes this approach and gets this resolved.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:02 PM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

Okay so I am on the phone currently with Ford and I REALLY REALLY WISH that I was video taping this because it is hilarious. Yes, sarcasim!!!

Okay I got through to a supervisor. Then I started to cry because I am a big wuss! I am so stressed out right now and I am ready to snap.

Ford Customer service told me today that they cannot help me with a loaner or a rental because this is all under review with Ford Counsel. Are you Fxxxing kidding me!!! I am in Ohio right now with my 15 year old RANGER and it needs work and I shouldn't be driving it. That is why I bought A NEW CAR!! The freaking clutch plates are all jacked and I am not going to make it worse by driving it to NJ today. So I am in Ohio unexpectedly because .... another story, horrible! I need to get to East Orange NJ tomorrow for my War Related Illness and Injury Study Center appointment. They are supposed to study me for a week to determine help for my 80% disabled A$$. F!

So Ford customer service said we can't help you with a rental or a loaner because this is in the hands of FORD COUNSEL! WELL F U FORD COUNSEL, I HOPE YOU CAN PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES WITH THIS HORRIFIC LAST YEAR OF MY LIFE, I AM SITTING HERE BALLING MY EYES OUT LIKE A WEIRDO AND SPEAKING TO THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CARE AND THINK YOU FORD ARE FULL OF SH$T. NEVER EVER AGAIN. HERE I GO MUSTANG FORUMS.... I'LL BE LUCKY IF THE RANG WILL MAKE IT TO NJ.

I SHOULD GO RENT A MUSTANG FROM ENTERPRISE AND ALLOW FORD TO PAY $UMPTEENHUNDERED A WEEK UNTIL THEY RESOLVE THIS. GUESS I AM GOING TO TAKE MY CHANCES.

IM DONE WITH PATIENCE

ONE' lol

T Wayne------Get my back your sister is feeling weak right now! Gotta keep my head together, about to snap about to snap!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM
dstowe2003
1st Gear Member

And I have been reading everyone's post too, sorry if I haven't responded. In Ohio now because I found out my company partner was stealing money from me and I caught him, he doesn't know it yet. Hurts, trust no one ? ugh!

Can you tell I enjoy juggling? I am in a circus on another planet Ford's planet of hell!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dstowe2003
And I have been reading everyone's post too, sorry if I haven't responded. In Ohio now because I found out my company partner was stealing money from me and I caught him, he doesn't know it yet. Hurts, trust no one ? ugh!

Can you tell I enjoy juggling? I am in a circus on another planet Ford's planet of hell!
Contact the www.consumerist.com, they will run your story and Ford will be embarrassed. I already sent them the link but do it yourself.

The reason Ford counsel is holding this is up is because they are going to blame you and deny the warranty claim.

Quick Reply: My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it