Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by swagfu
Come on fellas, lets try to keep this on the front page of the forum. I can't believe this dropped to page 3. Dee needs all the support she can get.
That is an excellent idea. With the number of threads, it might not be realistic.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Bump for a resolution!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:22 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Is this America or China? You buy a 36,000 dollar car it catches on fire you get a new plain and simple what the hell is going on? I probably would have been served an article 15 at this point for beating the **** out of someone over something like this. This needs to find it's way to a publication like the Air Force times or something national this is a travesty.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:29 AM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

I haven't gotten a response in over 3 months
I am sorry but there has to be more to this story than what's being let on.Why wait 3 months then come and bring it up.Why sit around and wait for a response?
Since your claim was denied by Geico,they are required by law to send you a letter of refusal to pay on claim.Do you have that?
This is what Comprehensive insurance is...
"Comprehensive physical damage coverage pays for losses resulting from incidents other than collision. For example, comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car if it is stolen; or damaged by flood, fire or animals. To keep your premiums low, select as high a deductible as you feel comfortable paying out of pocket".
Notice that nowhere does it say " comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car if it is stolen; or damaged by flood, fire or animals UNLESS you have a warranty and at that point we won't pay."
There are to many ways to get a satisfactory conclusion on this,i don't know if you are just to young and let people walk all over you or what the deal is.
I can guarantee you if it were me,there is no way in hell this would of went past 1 month.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:57 AM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wanakanabe
I am sorry but there has to be more to this story than what's being let on.Why wait 3 months then come and bring it up.Why sit around and wait for a response?
Since your claim was denied by Geico,they are required by law to send you a letter of refusal to pay on claim.Do you have that?
This is what Comprehensive insurance is...
"Comprehensive physical damage coverage pays for losses resulting from incidents other than collision. For example, comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car if it is stolen; or damaged by flood, fire or animals. To keep your premiums low, select as high a deductible as you feel comfortable paying out of pocket".
Notice that nowhere does it say " comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car if it is stolen; or damaged by flood, fire or animals UNLESS you have a warranty and at that point we won't pay."
There are to many ways to get a satisfactory conclusion on this,i don't know if you are just to young and let people walk all over you or what the deal is.
I can guarantee you if it were me,there is no way in hell this would of went past 1 month.
If I'm not mistaken she said she got that letter!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:10 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
Never said I was going to buy something else, what I said was I was going to put the money into two of the four Mustangs I already have paid off.
Bad customer service + a full garage = waiting till 2014 to buy.
Yo!
I believe you were looking into buying a 2012 and because of this thread, you are not.
Same difference eh?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Blueper
2nd Gear Member

Subscribed!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:42 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Looks like it was a small electrical fire. None of the plastic pieces are melted.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:07 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
dstowe2003,

I think that JAMAMAN was referring to the guy who was dynoing the GT500 that caught fire... In the video, the shift light can be seen lit, yet he kept on it for a while after...

Got any updates for us? We hate sharing your anguish here. We want to hear some news (good hopefully).

Don
Shift lights are not set at the rev limiter people!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:11 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Geez, don't put you phone# on an internet Forum, girl!!
You're gonna get harassed by all kinds of weirdos and perverts out there.

I edited your post and remove your number for your safety.
Please think.
Let me get that number!

Quick Reply: My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it