Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Planeswalker

Originally Posted by pascal
Yo!
I believe you were looking into buying a 2012 and because of this thread, you are not.
Same difference eh?
This thread was a part of my decision, along with the transmission issues, and the fact I have 4 Mustangs; two of which are S197s already. I'm a 100% disabled Veteran from Iraq, so me showing my support to another soldier is something you will never understand.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:33 PM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Shift lights are not set at the rev limiter people!
That car had an aftermerket shift light!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:49 PM
2010GT_NC

I've just read every single page of this and I am shocked that there hasn't been a resolution. I hope this is a lesson to everyone not to use Geico. If she had gone with a different insurance company, I think there would've been a different outcome already.

The other thing that stands out to me is the red tape within Ford. These messages about "general counsel" looking at the case are crap. Here is a person without a car and Ford won't help her either. What good is customer service (having employees post on these boards), if nothing is happening and isn't going to happen? If it were me in that situation, i'd be stranded up the creek without a ride at all!

I'm glad she has hired a lawyer (although about 2 or 3 months too late). Frankly, I'll think twice about buying another Ford due to the lack of Ford's response to things just like this (fires, transmission problems). Ford should have taken the car to figure out what went wrong, then given her some kind of response. I think they care about American Idol a little too much to pay attention to the people really buying their cars.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010GT_NC
I think they care about American Idol a little too much to pay attention to the people really buying their cars.
Who are the real American idols? Those on the TV show or those who served or are serving their country?
Old 05-30-2011, 02:56 AM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default Page 20

D We have been busey here in Iraq so I'm glad the research I did helped you. Now that you have counsel take the time to get the other things squared away. I hope the added stress has not added to your Disability SERVICE RELATED. As far as the Ford Rep here and the letter sent to you that they can not contact legal BS. For the sakes of the argument the fact is we got through. The person who we spoke to stated of course no comment we hit them with questions they did not want to ansewer.
I'm in Iraq and we got them on the phone. The office that is 27 May 11.
So at this point I believe this system they have in place to handle such matters is deceptive and borderline criminal knowing the consumer laws as I know them now. Thank You D this has been a learning process for me as well.
Insurance company's well we already know them as crooks no need to research that. But I would file a complaint with your States Insurance Ombudsman about Geico.
Take care D.

T Wayne in Iraq
Old 05-30-2011, 06:57 AM
jlc41
2nd Gear Member

To all our Veterans and current Military members....thank you for your service and God bless.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jlc41
To all our Veterans and current Military members....thank you for your service and God bless.
^^ + 1000000!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
I'm a 100% disabled Veteran from Iraq, so me showing my support to another soldier is something you will never understand.
Your support to a fellow soldier is great and expected.
And we all are lucky to have folks like you defending this awesome Nation.
So, since I never put my life on the line for said Country, I respect you guys all the more especially since you signed up for the job and not being forced to it.

But while we're at it, don't take anything too personal on the Internet because whatever I understand or not, how you relate to a fellow soldier is off topic here.
Also, if it came down to it, I'd defend this Country with all I got like the rest of you.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:11 PM
2010GT_NC

Originally Posted by Art161
Who are the real American idols? Those on the TV show or those who served or are serving their country?
Thanks to each of you out there serving our country, and fighting for our freedom everyday

The owner of the car that caught fire didn't say whether it was financed through Ford Motor Credit. If it was, she needs to call them and let them know the condition of the car. They could offer to extend the payment due date for a month or two, who knows. I'd be calling them and Ford Motor Co. every single day.

The more I think about this, I can understand Geico's position for not wanting to pay. This was an almost new car, that was taken to the dealer when she smelled something burning, and they ignored her. It clearly had a mechanical issue. She needs to schedule a meeting with the owner of the dealership, although hopefully the lawyer will do that now. Ultimately Ford needs to give her a new car, it's their problem for building a car with a serious issue.

Last edited by 2010GT_NC; 05-30-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:50 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010GT_NC
Thanks to each of you out there serving our country, and fighting for our freedom everyday

The owner of the car that caught fire didn't say whether it was financed through Ford Motor Credit. If it was, she needs to call them and let them know the condition of the car. They could offer to extend the payment due date for a month or two, who knows. I'd be calling them and Ford Motor Co. every single day.

The more I think about this, I can understand Geico's position for not wanting to pay. This was an almost new car, that was taken to the dealer when she smelled something burning, and they ignored her. It clearly had a mechanical issue. She needs to schedule a meeting with the owner of the dealership, although hopefully the lawyer will do that now. Ultimately Ford needs to give her a new car, it's their problem for building a car with a serious issue.
Geico doesn't have a position,i don't care what any one says.You pay comprehensive insurance to insure your vehicle.End of story.Like i said,comp insurance says it covers fire,it doesn't say we only cover fire if you don't have a warranty.
It is up to Geico to honor a legally binding contract that very specifically says they will insure your car in case of fire.In the end it would be the insurance company's responsibility to deal with ford on warranty.
But i still believe there is more to this story.

Quick Reply: My 2011 5.0 Caught Fire while I was driving it