Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for first time since SC installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:47 PM
black2010
2nd Gear Member

Default Pulled over for first time since SC installed

Got pulled over for the first time since installing the supercharger and I was actually behaving. He stopped me for not having a front license plate on the car. Below is a pic of my car so it caught me a bit off gaurd as I was trying to be good so I actually made some brackets and mounted the plate on there. Guess he didn't see it as when I told him it was there he didn't believe me at first. He went and looked then told me that it was still illegal where it is placed and that my cover is illegal as well :-( Appologized for the misunderstand. He then asked me about my tint (factory) and the tail lights. He let me off with a warning but told me that my mods were show only and to get them fixed. Happy about the warning but bummed as I honestly was trying to follow the law the best I could on the plate without drilling holes in the bumper.

Anyone have a link to the actual law itself so I know what needs to be fixed as I thought I was good on both the plate (law was communicated to only need to be mounted on the bumper and forward facing) and the tail lights (visible of a red color from 1000ft away).

Front of car -

Tail lights -
Old 05-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Well that sucks. I wonder about the front plate too....

Nice SB too btw. lol
Old 05-17-2011, 07:55 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Looks legal to me but I'm in Ohio...I think that cop just had his pride hurt when you told him there was actually a plate there. I've never heard of a law that you have to mount it a certain way but who's to say I'm right.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:10 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by black2010
Got pulled over for the first time since installing the supercharger and I was actually behaving. He stopped me for not having a front license plate on the car. Below is a pic of my car so it caught me a bit off gaurd as I was trying to be good so I actually made some brackets and mounted the plate on there. Guess he didn't see it as when I told him it was there he didn't believe me at first. He went and looked then told me that it was still illegal where it is placed and that my cover is illegal as well :-( Appologized for the misunderstand. He then asked me about my tint (factory) and the tail lights. He let me off with a warning but told me that my mods were show only and to get them fixed. Happy about the warning but bummed as I honestly was trying to follow the law the best I could on the plate without drilling holes in the bumper.

Anyone have a link to the actual law itself so I know what needs to be fixed as I thought I was good on both the plate (law was communicated to only need to be mounted on the bumper and forward facing) and the tail lights (visible of a red color from 1000ft away).

Front of car -

Tail lights -
That sucks man. The law states that you have to mount it on your forehead while driving; that's why your current location is illegal.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:33 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Sounds like one a$$ of a police officer. I'd agree that I think he probably was just pissed that he didn't see the license plate in the first place up front. I'd think your lights should be legal. IMO maybe he was just having a bad day or something.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That sounds like a lot of BS.
He must have just been having a bad day like others said. Because your plate is clearly visible. Otherwise you could get one of those flip under brackets they have at AM.
Gorgeous car btw.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Looks like you have you car on a diet of small children. Looks vicious

But as far as the plate issue, if PA ever decides to introduce that law, my bags are packed. Your plate looks visible to me. Sounds like that copper had a stick up his azz
Old 05-17-2011, 10:04 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I dread the day I get pulled over for not having my front plate on =[. I've had my roush fascia on for about a month so far and nothing yet (knock on wood) and i would hate to ruin it with my ugly *** yellow plates
Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

I don't run a front tag at all been hassled for it a few times beat the ticket the time I went to court.

I don't worry about it, it's a small ticket with no points in Maryland I'd rather deal with a little hassle every now and then, then to have that ugly *** tag up front all the time.

If they are warning tickets and nothing more I wouldn't worry about it, worse that could happen is you get pulled over again and get an actual ticket and have to do something about it.

Yours looks legal to me but every states law on that is different.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:37 PM
tdurham19
1st Gear Member

Analyzer is that your dailer driver? Because im in Maryland and I know I would get stopped way to much for no front tag. And black2010 your car is bada$$ as sh**! and Your tint is not to dark at all the cop is dumb.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for first time since SC installed