Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for first time since SC installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 07:31 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

f**k a front plate...Never on mine...What part of s**t a** TX were you in? Your plate looks fine, and the lights are questionable...I'd run them if I were you...I have only been pulled over once for the front plate, and I told the officer the situation, and he says "I wouldn't drill my front bumper either...Have a good one, and slow down"...lol...He was driving a mustang cop car though (s197)...wish I would'a gotten a pic...
Old 05-18-2011, 08:09 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

this is yet another good reason to live in KY... no front plates required..

and OP.. as far as i understand the laws, your plate location is legit.. cop musta been havin a bad day, or is just normally a *****..

sweet looking stang though man.. love it..
Old 05-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I'm with timmbo on this one.

Front plate should be fine, with *maybe* a suggestion to tip it up so it isn't as much in the shadow of the bumper.

But this trend toward tinting things like brake lights and turn signals is gonna get cars wrecked and people hurt. I realize that this may not directly apply to black2010's current tinting scheme, but I've had somebody with tint so dark on his front directionals that they barely let any light at all out - cut right across me at an intersection. If we'd actually hit instead of (barely) missing, you can bet every penny you have to your name that I'd have brought that detail to the attention of the investigating officer and the insurance company. Repeatedly, if necessary, and I'd take a couple of my own pictures.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 05-18-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 AM
case ace
1st Gear Member

Have gotten stopped more than once, and received tickets for no front plate here in Illinois as well as cover on rear plate. No holes or stickers....anywhere on the car for any reason. No dealer labels or village stickers. I just look at it as cost of driving this car. Just like paying $4.50 for 93 octane. Like having a high-maintenance girlfriend!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by case ace
Have gotten stopped more than once, and received tickets for no front plate here in Illinois as well as cover on rear plate. No holes or stickers....anywhere on the car for any reason. No dealer labels or village stickers. I just look at it as cost of driving this car. Just like paying $4.50 for 93 octane. Like having a high-maintenance girlfriend!
exactly, well said
Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I feel like the end all best solution is just a pop up/pop down front license plate bracket. That way the plate will be there when you need it to be, and you don't need to drill your front bumper
Old 05-18-2011, 09:40 AM
case ace
1st Gear Member

That's not a bad idea, my brother has a remote one, and my cousin a manual one, but they are not meant for lowered cars with chin spoilers. Wouldn't give me any ground clearance at all.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:44 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by case ace
That's not a bad idea, my brother has a remote one, and my cousin a manual one, but they are not meant for lowered cars with chin spoilers. Wouldn't give me any ground clearance at all.
Good point. In some cases they definitely don't work. I suppose once you get to customizing things, there are just those sacrifices that have to be made (either risking tickets or drilling the bumper cover)
Old 05-18-2011, 11:07 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

I am going to disagree with the majority. From the pic at least, looks like the front plate is at about a 45 degree angle and therefore less visible. You never see a license plate angled, they are always roughly perpendicular to the road surface.

Anyway, likely the purpose for pulling you over for the plate was not to write you a ticket for the plate, but to see what else was going on with you and the vehicle

Last edited by forensicsteve; 05-18-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:16 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by forensicsteve

Anyway, likely the purpose for pulling you over for the plate was not to write you a ticket for the plate, but to see what else was going on with you and the vehicle
B-I-N-G-O!!

Quick Reply: Pulled over for first time since SC installed