Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling seats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:09 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Well I checked the vehicles out that you guys mentioned and it seems like I would have to go the custom route, going to a good shoop that hopefully can pull it off.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:30 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

Reading up on it, you can DIY if you have ventilated leather seats.
Mod some fans inside em.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:41 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

ventilated seat is not something you can buy parts and install yourself. To do it right, you mostly have to change the seats and that would be very expensive way to go about it. I have ventilated seats in my 2003 E500 and the seats are contructed to accomodate various parts including vented holes in the back of the seats. It is definitely not a do it yourself job! It's a pity that Ford does not offer that as an option in the Mustang line. Heck, even Kia offers that in their SUV!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Exactly! I wish that Ford would have at least had push start button and ventilated seats as options on the Mustang. Kias and Hyundais have them standard on (some of) their vehicles! I know they might not be their cup of tea for some, but for others it is.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

Cooling seats will not cool you down any faster than just getting in the car rolling the windows down with the AC on blast then roll windows back up after driving 15 seconds.

Here in Fort Liquordale where it's Africa hot it takes me 1 minute to cool my ride down. Also using a sun shade really helps and only costs you ten bucks.

Modern AC systems have rendered cooling seats moot, just another system that adds weight and can break. Plus remote start solves all these issues.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:17 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fort LiquordaleGT
Cooling seats will not cool you down any faster than just getting in the car rolling the windows down with the AC on blast then roll windows back up after driving 15 seconds.

Here in Fort Liquordale where it's Africa hot it takes me 1 minute to cool my ride down. Also using a sun shade really helps and only costs you ten bucks.

Modern AC systems have rendered cooling seats moot, just another system that adds weight and can break. Plus remote start solves all these issues.
Modern AC has nothing to do with ventilated seats. You back is pressed to the seat where it never gets cooled so it's sticky and hot. My other car has the ventilated seats and it's night and day. I am speaking from experience.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:11 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

The SHO has heated and cooled seats.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I would prefer that the stupid AC kicked on faster, honestly, lol.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:28 PM
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

You might want to check the charge of your AC if it doesn't seem to kick in fast enough. I try and put the windows down just a few seconds until I get up to speed (just to get some of the hot air out) and mine will be cold before I even get a couple blocks down the road, even in this heat...
Old 07-20-2011, 03:28 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Yeah, it was checked last year and it was fine, but even last year it took a minute or 2 to really kick in. I usually drive with the windows down anyways, but waiting at a stop sign trying to get out of my neighborhood for 10 minutes in 98 degrees renders that useless.

A friend of mine said to let the car blow heat for a minute and it will cool it down faster. Anyone got an opinion on that one?

Quick Reply: Cooling seats?