Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011-12 GT Manual ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:08 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by snaf2u
Do some real research. There are laws that govern when a manufacture can void a warranty due to aftermarket mods. Look them up and be properly informed. Do the research and have more peace of mind. That being said we always run some risk and you must be willing to accept the results of your actions. It`s called responsibility.
Philosophically, I agree with you, but lets not start this debate that's already been beaten to death in the 5.0 forum. Although every time somebody asks about the new 5.0, I can see somebody coming in and talking about the unfairness of warranty work and starting the arguement again and again.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I would say, with the exception of the manual trans shifting issues, other issues with the 5.0 are pretty rare. Definitely less than 10% for all others. I'm not sure on percentage with regard to the transmission, but I can say that the couple other 5.0 owners I've met, have run into at least some cold shifting issues, none with issues as bad as the really hard shifting, unable to put the car in certain gears etc. I have an auto, so for me I don't have any problems with the trans but then again the auto hasn't had a bad history.

I can't attest to Ford being wonderful when it comes to service related problems, I had one run in with them in which they were really helpful, and another where the guy was a giant ***. But this is my first Ford, so I don't have long term experience to report unfortunately
Old 07-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

So just to be sure... the tranny fluid change is not something that needs to be done with 05-10 Manual Trans. Mustangs?
Old 07-13-2011, 01:48 AM
L454S

Default Early Builds

Some of the early 2011 builds had legit issues with pressure plate bolts that backed out, and a revised clutch pedal/spring. The notchiness thing is way overplayed. Have almost 3,000mi on my 2012 and it is a blast to drive.

I bought mine AFTER reading these forums. I did transmission work at the dealer for many years and dealt with issues like this. What cracks me up is a few people will post about how Ford cheaped out, and should have put in a Tremec 6060 like the Camaro......Really?.....Go read the Camaro5 forum with all the people crying about their crappy Tremec. Sometimes I think there are a lot of first time stick drivers buying these cars and don't know what to expect from a stick. That and they could be confusing the CAGS with a balky shifter, IDK?

Blacksmoke....I believe it is 2011/2012
Old 07-13-2011, 01:53 AM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by snaf2u
Do some real research. There are laws that govern when a manufacture can void a warranty due to aftermarket mods. Look them up and be properly informed. Do the research and have more peace of mind. That being said we always run some risk and you must be willing to accept the results of your actions. It`s called responsibility.
Are you sure you have the Pony Package, and not the High Horse Package? *rimshot* (I've always wanted to use that line)

Anyways, I'm fully aware of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and Ford's latest TSB (are you?). I take full responsibility for my BAMA tune, air filter and exhaust. I was speaking more about the fact that Ford is trying to pin issues on things as simple as an air filter; hence, I said I thought their stance and the bulletin were lame, not their actual warranty void specifications

to you and me not having to worry about our #8 cylinder blowing up because of a tune