Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POST YOUR COOL STANG STORIES HERE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 10:45 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stags
Im an econ major XD

Interesting time to be studying that...
So true, I definitely find it interesting, and I think it's pretty cool to try to apply the concepts we learn in the classroom to things you hear in the news and all. Then again it's also frustrating that nobody else knows much about how economics work, so people have completely wrong impressions sometimes about what policies actually mean and all.

You have any idea what you want to do with your degree after you graduate?

Sorry all, kinda OT haha.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

There are some really cool stories in this thread.
pdonket, yours is pretty damn interesting.

Mine not so much.

I have always loved the s197s since they first came out. When I started college I knew I would have to buy a new car, because my '96 Eclipse was not cutting it. Anyway, I was on AutoTrader and Craigslist ALL the time looking at Mustangs, and trying to convince myself that I should be a Mazda3 or something similar for gas mileage.
One day I was at the doctor and when I got out of my appointment my mom wanted to cheer me up so she says, "Why don't we go look at some cars?" She was looking for a car for herself too, and my dad and Fiance were with us so they didn't mind. We went to a Chevy lot.. that was a no go. Then we went to the Ford dealership. I thought we were just kicking tires, but when I saw my car I sat in passenger side and my mom got in the driver seat. Well the interior was pretty impressive. She ask me if I wanted it, I said DUH. She ordered a '08 SS Impala a few states away from the same dealership, so we bought them together.

They helped me get the loan, but I pay for my car and gas. They cover my insurance though.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:39 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Nice tanner!

Mine was a little less impressive... Started college with a nasty camry and as first semester dragged on I realized that car was just not my style or taste and it was about time for a little upgrade. Well, I had some savings and I had an internship by mid first semester but just not enough for a new car.

Anyway, my dad told me one fine day that if I could pull perfect grades in all my engineering classes then he would "see what I can do" for me lol. I got the grades (exams were yet to come ), and near november(?) last year we went car shopping. I mostly looked at that new Kia forte coupe and some civic Sis. But then we went to the ford dealer, and after driving the mustang I thought "There is no way I'm getting this awesome car..." A few days passed, and I went back to college.

Then I got a call from mom and dad a few days later and after some small talk they asked me "did you really want that car?" I said yeah duh lol. And the next weekend I came home to light snow flurries, and a shiny white mustang in my driveway!

I payed for gas/insurance/down payment. And my parents picked up the rest of the payments for the car out of pity lol. Not as awesome as the others here, but it's how my 08 came to be mine =)
Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Aw that was sweet of your parents Aaquib.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:42 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Nice tanner!

Mine was a little less impressive... Started college with a nasty camry and as first semester dragged on I realized that car was just not my style or taste and it was about time for a little upgrade. Well, I had some savings and I had an internship by mid first semester but just not enough for a new car.

Anyway, my dad told me one fine day that if I could pull perfect grades in all my engineering classes then he would "see what I can do" for me lol. I got the grades (exams were yet to come ), and near november(?) last year we went car shopping. I mostly looked at that new Kia forte coupe and some civic Sis. But then we went to the ford dealer, and after driving the mustang I thought "There is no way I'm getting this awesome car..." A few days passed, and I went back to college.

Then I got a call from mom and dad a few days later and after some small talk they asked me "did you really want that car?" I said yeah duh lol. And the next weekend I came home to light snow flurries, and a shiny white mustang in my driveway!

I payed for gas/insurance/down payment. And my parents picked up the rest of the payments for the car out of pity lol. Not as awesome as the others here, but it's how my 08 came to be mine =)
Good job aaquib. It isn't easy getting grades like that in your degree path haha. Were you able to drive or was there snow on the ground? If you didn't, then that sure sucks haha
Old 08-04-2011, 06:11 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

When I went and looked at the 06 Mustang in my sig, I called my dad and told him it looked great in person. After toying with the dealer a bit and going out to dinner I called him to see what he thought. I had emailed him some pics from my phone and info about the car. He asked if I was going to buy it and I said "why?" He said "if you don't, I will."

Well I couldn't let the old man best me, so I bought the thing. Ironically, now he owns it because I needed something more friendly for my commute (hence the CTS-V). I was going to sell the stang, but he offered to pay my down payment on the Caddy if I handed the Mustang over to him.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

My story is that, if it wasn't for my wife... I wouldn't even be here. LOL.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:31 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Good job aaquib. It isn't easy getting grades like that in your degree path haha. Were you able to drive or was there snow on the ground? If you didn't, then that sure sucks haha
Haha thanks man, yeah there was snow exactly 3 days after I got it lol.

First time I ever had a RWD and I only had it a week before the snow, learned fast! haha.