Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy here, intro with 29 pics and 4 vids to share.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

cool story...welcome!!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:46 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Somewhat off-topic . . . buuuut . . OP you guys using your SEMA tickets all three days this year? I have passes for the first day, but can't get a hold of any for days 2 or 3 for my Dad and I.

Lol worth a shot right?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:24 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

hell yeah man nice car! I am from vegas too, and I just bought a 06 black Pony package mustang about a month ago. I just graduated and am looking at going to college for mechanical engineering so i can be an automotive engineer. Do you ever go to cars and coffee? Maybe we can meet up there sometime, I'm going to go on Saturday if its not raining.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:57 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Damn Goodfun, that was a great looking V6 and a very nice looking 5.0! I can't wait to see the new mods in the future. God, you sure are moving fast on these mods!

And yes, that was one hell of an intro haha
I've tried to resist modding, but I drew the last straw the other week when a modified 05-09 Mustang GT pulled up next to me at a red light and revved. I could hear his loud exhaust over my radio and when I revved back I'm sure he didn't even hear anything lol. Cool moment, just wish I brought the thunder!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:07 AM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Somewhat off-topic . . . buuuut . . OP you guys using your SEMA tickets all three days this year? I have passes for the first day, but can't get a hold of any for days 2 or 3 for my Dad and I.

Lol worth a shot right?
Ha, you have more passes than me! But it's a no go.

Our company receives passes for employees only, and they cannot be loaned out. I got a VIP pass last year for I don't know what, maybe there was an after party I was invited to but heck I had to go to work later that same day I attended and I was only there for 3 hours looking at pretty much all things Mustang lol.

You're trying to attend for 3 days? You plan on visiting every booth there or what? haha
Old 08-26-2011, 12:17 AM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BeachBlv
hell yeah man nice car! I am from vegas too, and I just bought a 06 black Pony package mustang about a month ago. I just graduated and am looking at going to college for mechanical engineering so i can be an automotive engineer. Do you ever go to cars and coffee? Maybe we can meet up there sometime, I'm going to go on Saturday if its not raining.
Thanks man, and I didn't realize there was a cars and coffee here. And when I googled it and looked at the directions, its only about 10 minutes from my job over by Sunset Park!

I have to check it out sometime since it's every Saturday. Not sure if I can make it any Saturday until next year though lol cause we are in season now for business and we work plenty of overtime. I will be working 10 days straight tomorrow, and most of those are 10 hour shifts. But since I have school starting next week, I can just say I can't work a particular Saturday because I have to "study" hahaha.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:52 AM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Oh yeah BeachBlv, what's it like at cars and coffee the last time you went. And you should look in to CSN's automotive program - awesome garage with different types of lifts (2 post, 4 post, drive on), every tool you need is there there to check out and use, wheel balancing machine, wheel alignment, they have it all! With the best instructors to teach you who are ASE certified master technicians.

I took the general automotive class there last Fall and learned a lot of the basics. The looks I got when I pulled my 2 month old lightly modified 2011 V6 into the garage the first time was priceless! Most wondering how I can afford a car like that and why am I taking a general automotive class. I heard a couple kids from another class ask each other if it was a GT and they seemed disappointed when they found out it was a 6.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:16 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Yeah man cars and coffee is pretty cool every week. There is usually tons of mustangs, corvettes, Ferraris, everything. There is a 1 of 1 special built silver S197 saleen with 640 HP in the showroom there along with an F430 and a viper. I went this morning but I got there a little late so it was not busy. it starts at 7AM and goes till 10 in the summer and its best to get there around 7:30 or 8. I was thinking about going to CSN for the aviation class they have there or the automotive one. I really need to decide what I want to do and quick lol
Old 08-27-2011, 04:18 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Will those ATAK mufflers fit my 4.0 V6? If they do I would be interested ;D
Old 08-27-2011, 07:40 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BeachBlv
Will those ATAK mufflers fit my 4.0 V6? If they do I would be interested ;D
I have no idea if they would. You will need a GT bumper so it has the dual exhaust cut out or you can cut one more out on your current one like my friend did on his V6.

As for the mufflers, I will email Borla about it when I get home.