Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need 5.0 exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Hey np man, thats what I'm here for. Just kinda drives me crazy that 90% of the S197 population on these forums dosnt post stuff in the right area, and it makes the rest of us look bad. Not trying to flame you or anybody else, but you know, if you post non-tech related threads in the tech section, that makes you a communist.

I agree about the Borla, overpriced. Have you checked into Magnaflows at all? jsut curious because there are some pretty good youtube vids out there.

I am still wanting to see someone with full SLP exhaust, done a good amount of research on youtube, havent been able to find SLP headers-mid's-catless-axlebacks. Probably would either sound like horse ****, or shatter windows. Still kinda tempted to try it myself.

Thought I'd post this here, just for some fun:

note: Origionally posted by Joolander

Moderator: Why hello there, Timmy, and welcome to the 2005-2009 Mustang Tech forum, also known as the s197 Tech forum!

Timmy: Well gee-willickers, Mister! Gosh it sure is swell of you to welcome me! I sure can't wait to to post my experiences and thoughts in this forum to share with all the other s197 enthusiasts out there!!!

M: Say! that sounds like a great idea, Timmy! Why don't you get started?

Timmy: Sure thing, Mister!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Timmy

lol hay guyz, wassup? so i was driving in my s197 and i saw a police car that was a charger and i was wondering what size motors to those have in them?

M: Whoah, hold on there Timmy, just what do you think you're doing? Remember, this forum is for tech posts related to the s197 Mustang

Timmy: Well golly Mister, "tech"nically I was driving a s197, I thought it was good enough

M: [musses Timmy's hair] Haha, no Timmy, this thread is off topic, and should be posted in the Off Topic section. Posting threads in the wrong section makes you a Communist. You don't wanna be a Communist now, do you, Timmy?

Timmy: Golly gee no, Mister!! I hate those gosh-darn Commies!!

M: We all do son, but there's no need to swear

Timmy: Sorry Mister! But how do I remember what posts are considered tech related?

M: Why its easy Timmy, all you have to do is remember the word S.H.A.Q.T.A.S.T.I.C.

Sharing opinions of a certain part or certain set of parts
How-to's
Asking where to find parts for your specific model of Mustang
Questions about features of your specific model of Mustang
Telling others you opinions on the aesthectics of your specific model of Mustang
Asking others about their opinion on modifications to your specfic model of Mustang
Showing others a new modification you have found or have installed
Trying to find a solution to a problem you are having with your specific model of Mustang
Informing people of a solution you have found to a problem involving your specific model of Mustang
Carefully scrutinized posts that you have asked permission for the moderatiors to allow

Timmy: Golly, that sure is easy to remember!! But what about a thread for when I washed my car and want to show off pictures of it

M: That's what the Photo Section is for

Timmy: Oh boy! Now that I know what to post where, this forum sure will be keen!!!

M: That's right, Timmy. [addressing audience] And remember, if your post isn't S.H.A.Q.T.A.S.T.I.C., you're a Communist!!

brought to you by Laramie dish-washer salve
Old 12-01-2011, 11:01 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Mara I HATE YOU LOL. I never knew about that section I thought it was always this section for the "S197's", nevere knew they made one just for the 5.0's. Now I know why I dont see a lot of threads from 5.0's lol. Whoops

Wow tiger thats actually pretty funny lol. Your fathers car is the one thats leaning me towards the Roush's with an aftercat x pipe. I have now narrowed it down to either of these three in exact order. 1) o/r x pipe with Kooks mufflers 2) roush axlebacks with "after cat" x pipe 3) Borla S-type CATBACK. The reason the borla is the last on the list is cause its $1,200 and while it does sound amazing I cant see myself spending that much money on an exhaust when I can get the roush's for $399 through JDM and they sound similar.
just some more info: stanghi is a authorized roush dealer, and told me that borla makes the roush exhaust, thats why they sound so similar. and the reason we went with axle instead of cat back is bc the midpipes are already pretty big, the new x-pipe took care of the smaller diameter h-pipe that comes stock. and just fyi my dad daily drives the car and even tho hes an old man he has no complaints at all about the noise at highway. when your cruising at 70 you can barely hear it in the cabin. so if your looking for a crazy loud sound, youll wanna go o/r. but if you want the sexy gurgle that those roushs make youre still gonna turn heads even when calmly accelerating from a stop light.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

I'm a fan of Stainless Works on the new 5.0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0BqL...eature=related
Old 12-01-2011, 03:33 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

What about MAC exhaust? They aren't quite that loud but have a sound that is way different from everyone else, IMO. There aren't many videos of them for the 2012 but they sound really close to the 05-09 models. This video isn't that great but you kinda get the idea. I imagine they would be a little louder with the more power in the 5.0.

http://youtu.be/46ECHDgIB3c
Old 12-01-2011, 04:38 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

haha thanks mara well now I know. And the magnaflows are WAY to quiet for me. Just like the bassanis, I have no idea why the bassanis are so damn quiet.

tiger - yeah man I am really leaning towards the roush's due to the fact that its the only one I heard in person and love it, and the price. The borla sound sexy as HELL on youtube but I have never heard it in person.

1slow67 - the kooks axleback with an o/r x pipe sounds exactly the same but much cheaper. That video is what made me want my car to sound like that lol.

zpounds - not crazy about the way chambered mufflers sound like. Thats the reason i dont like flowmasters. but hey if everyone wanted the same exhaust setup there would be only 1 company
Old 12-01-2011, 05:08 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCsKv...eature=related

END THREAD
Old 12-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1slow67
I'm a fan of Stainless Works on the new 5.0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0BqL...eature=related
I had their cat back installed first.Sounded good, but had some drone.
Then had their headers ceramic coated and went with the hi flow cats and x pipe.Drone gone.
Steeda intake and tune, 422h and 387t.