Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Fuel Fill Inlet After Boss Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
FlyboyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Default Check Fuel Fill Inlet After Boss Install

Im sure there is a thread someplace about this but i couldnt find anything. I installed the boss intake on the 5.0 and about 50 miles after driving with it i got a check fuel fill inlet in the message center. My friend told me its an evap hose problem because there is no place to attach it to. The only fix i heard is the kit that is for the stock intake. True story or is there another fix? Thanks guys!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:41 AM
chuckyboy281

Yes there is 3 ways to fix this.
1. Buy the FRPP evap kit and install by extending the connecting wires.
2. Buy the LRS install kit that has the line to adapt to our stock one.
3. Go to the local store and buy the correct fuel hose with clamps and install it yourself that way.

I noticed a different noise that sounds like a vacuum leak and it is coming from that hose I installed. I suspect that I can just hear the evap working through the hose. I didn't hear it with the stock intake since it is attached to the intake. Hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

Hey Guys, I'm having this problem as well about 2 days after install of the boss manifold. So you have an aftermarket CAI and the boss intake manifold? Did you get this sorted out?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think in my case the evap hose is connected to my JLT CAI OK, so I'm unsure if the problem we have is the same. Maybe I'm misidentifying the hose, or misunderstanding the problem. Can you let me know how you fixed this?

If I should start my own thread, let me know.

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:35 PM
ducatibrandon

Well after doing the install I figured I would add some pics. Just a couple of things I did that might help. If you buy the Boss and install kit from Ford you'll see the lack of directions. I bought the kit because I did not want to have to splice wires but guess what... Anyway not a big deal and here is how I did it. I'm sure there is a better way but this will work.
1st off what I used for the splice. If you don't own a good soldering system hit up a Frys and get one. I use this thing for Everything.

Then find the wire your going to splice.Pretty easy to find it the one you unplugged up front.
I'm using a piece of wire from a old dc power supply of the same gauge. Make sure to offset the cut and pull the shrink tube down a good bit so it does not melt from the solder gun heat.

I used a little clip to hold the wire in place and then the heat gun to shrink the first small then the big shrink wrap as one.

I think it should look like this when completed soldering.

And this is after it is all together. I had to hit Harbor Freight
and pick up some black plastic wire cover.

In the install kit your going to get 3 lines/hoses. The dbl one has the Exact same fuel line as what is on the car. Just pull them apart and use just the one. No need to pull your fuel line off. Now I let my car sit All Night and had NO Fuel pressure. It is very possible that your line will have a lot of pressure so watch out for that.
Your also going to get a bracket that you'll have to figure out where the heck it goes. It installs on the drivers side rear of the manifold. It holds the new valve that you just spliced a wire to reach all the way around.
Name:  IMG_0755.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  76.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0756.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  89.4 KB
Again this is what I did and by all means look at what other people do as I'm kind of lazy and just tossed it together.