Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got keyed...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DirtFarmer
That is ****ty, I hope you never find out who did it. Im happy i dont know who did it to mine...I'd probably be in jail.
lol I read that first part an I was WTF?? I get ya now. I would definately be doing some hurting
Old 05-18-2012, 05:11 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
Unless I am misunderstanding, If I follow your logic, I could have burned the car to the ground, murdered a teacher and raped a girl before I left BUT, the police would not come out to file a report cause it was on Private Property so it was ok.
I laughed really really hard at this.

Not because I think it's wrong, but because it sounds like something Louis CK would say.

And if you end up finding the dude who did it, follow this handy dandy guide:

Last edited by 4LiterSonic; 05-18-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:38 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LiterSonic
I laughed really really hard at this.

Not because I think it's wrong, but because it sounds like something Louis CK would say.

And if you end up finding the dude who did it, follow this handy dandy guide:

I love how he signed that "Sincerely, Commando"... ROFLMAO!!!

Don
Old 05-18-2012, 10:41 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

hahaha that's brilliant. Sorry to hear that, OP. It's ********* like that who are dragging this country into a hole. I hope you do find out who did it. Even if it's next year before you find him (high school kids can't keep their mouths shut, you'll figure it out if you keep your ears open), I would NOT let him off easy. Rather take a week of OSS and leave him bloodied, broken, and ruined instead of watching him skate free.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I think people in general are just mean as hell till they mature and that age is different for everyone. The meanest anyone is in their life is when they are a kid. Sorry about your car.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:12 AM
stang06lv
2nd Gear Member

didnt happen without pics.
better then being hit in a parking lot, and not knowing who it was..
esp/ with a 2500 deductible.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:23 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
I think people in general are just mean as hell till they mature and that age is different for everyone. The meanest anyone is in their life is when they are a kid. Sorry about your car.
Meanest or immature, that certainly would describe this person.

Sorry OP, I know the feeling too. I had my nice car keyed while in college. Somebody will talk in school. It just really sucks that losers like this kid do punk *** things. Total *****.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:50 AM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
I doubt the police will even entertain the idea of coming out and doing a report since it happened on private property.
no no no no and no. We're not going to get into a debate of whats private property. And it has nothing to do with it. A shopping mall parking lot, a church lot, your driveway are "private" property however the police report must be made on those properties if a vandalism or theft occured.

a police report must be submitted for the purpose of a insurance claim, not neccessarly for the criminal act. It must be documented by an authorized authority in order for the insurance to be claimed. Since that was not done by our young inexperienced, still in school mustang driver, hes basically screwing himself by not doing that. Then he chooses to go in the school and gets into trouble for raising hell about it.

Well let me tell you kids this. ITs your responsibility, not the schools, to protect your property and to report it to the authorities when something happens. The school security is not a public authority. The local police are. Most if not all parking garages, malls, churches etc are not held liable if your car becomes damaged or if a theft occured.

Where do you get the idea that a public or private school parking lot is safe and secure from law enforcement?

No matter where you park your car, no matter what the circumstances are. If your property becomes damaged by vandals its your responsibility to go thru the proper channels to report, document and submit the paperwork in order to make an insurance claim. Pay the $500 deductable that has to be paid out of your pocket. And take the bus.... because if the car is redone and taken back to school, it will probably happen again.....

Last edited by CaptainRon; 05-19-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:49 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CaptainRon
no no no no and no. We're not going to get into a debate of whats private property. And it has nothing to do with it. A shopping mall parking lot, a church lot, your driveway are "private" property however the police report must be made on those properties if a vandalism or theft occured. a police report must be submitted for the purpose of a insurance claim, not neccessarly for the criminal act. It must be documented by an authorized authority in order for the insurance to be claimed. Since that was not done by our young inexperienced, still in school mustang driver, hes basically screwing himself by not doing that. Then he chooses to go in the school and gets into trouble for raising hell about it.

Well let me tell you kids this. ITs your responsibility, not the schools, to protect your property and to report it to the authorities when something happens. The school security is not a public authority. The local police are. Most if not all parking garages, malls, churches etc are not held liable if your car becomes damaged or if a theft occured.

Where do you get the idea that a public or private school parking lot is safe and secure from law enforcement?

No matter where you park your car, no matter what the circumstances are. If your property becomes damaged by vandals its your responsibility to go thru the proper channels to report, document and submit the paperwork in order to make an insurance claim. Pay the $500 deductable that has to be paid out of your pocket. And take the bus.... because if the car is redone and taken back to school, it will probably happen again.....
CaptainRon,

No one said a police report could not be filled out, but in my experience when someone smacked my wife's SUV, we had to call the incident in over the phone and a police report number was assigned. An officer never came because it was in an HEB parking lot. Luckily the other driver accepted responsibility and we took care of it through her insurance, but that is the point. The arrival of an officer may not happen, so an actual investigation is never accomplished. Doesn't mean you won't get a police report to use in filing with insurance.

Don

Don
Old 05-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CaptainRon
Well considering my school has a security guy whose job it is to patrol the parking lot in a car that is owned by the school for this purpose. He decides instead to sit over in the corner of the parking lot and sleep. The school is not liable, but they are responsible.

And to answer everyone's debate about whether police would come out, we have our officer on campus that would do the report. I referred to him earlier in this thread. Some people might have read it wrong, but he is a badged officer who shows up everyday to our school and works his job.

Quick Reply: Got keyed...