Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT -> GT500

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 09:52 PM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jas5
Surprised you didn't consider a used GT-R, though
I like manual transmission cars. I sat in a GT-R and it was really nice though - if I had to drive an automatic, I'd consider a GT-R but I still like the sound of a V8.

This Nismo in my garage just sounds like a Nissan pickup truck up front and a hair dryer in the back… The GT-R sounds a lot better than the Nismo, but nothing like a Mustang.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 PM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aclass
Congratulations.
Sold my 07GT which was an absolute blast and took advantage of all the 2013 lust and found a nice deal on a loaded 2012 with 3019 miles. Still getting acclimated to the car but am loving it so far.
Awesome! I sat in a 2012 GT500 at the dealership and listened to it idle and revved it a bit (couldn't drive it since it was already reserved for someone). The car sounded and felt amazing. I'm jealous you already have yours. I have to wait a couple more weeks.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:55 PM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chrisc33
U think your 13 will be in the use market in 14 might consider taking it from your hands lol jk
HAHAHAHA get in line! My friends make this same joke at me. But if this GT500 is at least as fun as my 2011 GT, I'm never parting with it.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aclass
You're right, I need to work on my photobucket and quit trolling for mods.
As far as your question goes, my s/c 4.6 was the funnest car I've ever driven and I'm on my way in making the Shelby the same. Currently, my GT500 is totally stock, the initial punch is nowhere near as "violent" as the GT but when the rpm's and boost goes up, the seats have their work cut out for them, as do the tires.
A tune, pulley, air filter, and some noise, and the Shelby should really wake up and be really fun as it approaches the 600rwhp mark. But right now, it's too quiet and smooth.
Wow I thought you got the regular 5.0. What kind of whp were you pushing on your 4.6? Guessing you had a built up motor for it to be more fun than a GT500. But like you mention, sound means a lot too... stock is so quiet and tame. When I had open exhaust (cherrybombs after downpipe), it felt so much faster and more "violent" than it does now with my 3 inch magnapacks, for some reason.

Originally Posted by angryBits
I like manual transmission cars. I sat in a GT-R and it was really nice though - if I had to drive an automatic, I'd consider a GT-R but I still like the sound of a V8.

This Nismo in my garage just sounds like a Nissan pickup truck up front and a hair dryer in the back… The GT-R sounds a lot better than the Nismo, but nothing like a Mustang.
Ditto on the manuals... I just don't understand why you would want a performance car to come in automatic. I do 95% city driving, too. Why oh why didn't Nissan have a standard 6 speed manual option for the GT-R!!
About the Nismo I'm guessing it's more open than the stock 370's exhaust.. the stock 350 and 370's sound really good but sound like CRAP with open exhausts. Very raspy and not pleasant
Old 06-05-2012, 03:53 PM
GTR21
1st Gear Member

I got the auto because I was told by lots of different sites and the dealer that the manuals can't hold as much power stock, plus are having some slight issues The auto is far more fun than i expected it to be though!

What did the cherrybombs sound like on your GT?
Old 06-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTR21
I got the auto because I was told by lots of different sites and the dealer that the manuals can't hold as much power stock, plus are having some slight issues The auto is far more fun than i expected it to be though!

What did the cherrybombs sound like on your GT?

You couldn't hear yourself think while driving...and anytime you stop, all you smell are exhaust fumes. I felt like I was going to pass out lol

edit: the exhaust ended right before the rear axle, so sort of under my seat

Last edited by Jas5; 06-05-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:45 AM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Ditto on the manuals... I just don't understand why you would want a performance car to come in automatic. I do 95% city driving, too. Why oh why didn't Nissan have a standard 6 speed manual option for the GT-R!!
About the Nismo I'm guessing it's more open than the stock 370's exhaust.. the stock 350 and 370's sound really good but sound like CRAP with open exhausts. Very raspy and not pleasant
Sound is VERY important to me. The Nismo 370z doesn't sound good up front or in the back and no amount of modding is going to attain that awesome V8 sound.

Even the GT-R doesn't really sound that great to me.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by angryBits
Sound is VERY important to me. The Nismo 370z doesn't sound good up front or in the back and no amount of modding is going to attain that awesome V8 sound.

Even the GT-R doesn't really sound that great to me.
Yep I was about to mention that.. I've heard a few GT-R exhaust videos and usually too raspy and high-pitched..

Skip to 1:00....sounds very exotic. Lovin it
Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 PM
angryBits
2nd Gear Member

Yep I was about to mention that.. I've heard a few GT-R exhaust videos and usually too raspy and high-pitched..

Skip to 1:00....sounds very exotic. Lovin it
That sounds a lot better than stock, I think it must be modded. It still sounds kind of spastic while being revved at a stop. It's kind of throaty but then when he lets off the gas theres some kind of bleh sound.

I really wish someone would develop a safe lopey idle for the GT500. If so I think I'd just end up leaving my car on all the time and sleep in the garage (door open so I don't die from exhaust of course haha).

EDIT: The Boss 302 w/ track key has a lopey idle that I like. Not too lopey but just enough.
skip to 2:30.

Last edited by angryBits; 06-07-2012 at 01:28 PM.