Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Ended

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:20 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Any insurance company can tell you where to take the car for the repair,
but it is ultimately your choice where you take it.
When my Porsche got wrecked last Christmas, everyone tried to tell me where to take it.
I called the Porsche dealer where we had just bought the car from and they had their own
shop for all their high line European dealerships in their sales family.
I called my insurance company to see if the body shop was approved by them.
Life goes by alot easier if the shop and insurance company are on the same team.

Anyhow, glad you werent hurt and car can be fixed.
Just look over your rear wheel arches on both sides and make sure you havent creased
over there. My friend got hit on the freeway, and his creased right there. Worth a check.

Here are some pix of the Porsche for fun and to maybe make you feel a little better

At body shop

Old 08-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
I'm not too concerned about the value. Since I need to buy a Piper Saratoga or Beechcraft Bonanza, and those run about $250,000, it'll be a LONG time before I buy another vehicle.

What exactly is "diminished car value"? I've never had any sort of collision resulting in an insurance claim being filed.

Thanks!
Kid, today might be your lucky day, I just happen to have a very nice 06 g36, garmin 1000, turbo normalized (Tornado Alley) chrome top end, 893tt. In for an annual right now, however it can't be bought for 250000. Special price for MF'ers 535000. Forget the Saratoga, not in the same league. Start saving now if you really want to play in this game, modding a Mustang is going to look real cheap. By the way, how many hours do you have and what type of aircraft?

Last edited by Flat out; 08-21-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flat out
Kid, today might be your lucky day, I just happen to have a very nice 06 g36, garmin 1000, turbo normalized (Tornado Alley) chrome top end, 893tt. In for an annual right now, however it can't be bought for 250000. Special price for MF'ers 535000. Forget the Saratoga, not in the same league. Start saving now if you really want to play in this game, modding a Mustang is going to look real cheap. By the way, how many hours do you have and what type of aircraft?
My friend and I won't be ready to buy for another 5 years... Sorry man haha

All my hours are in a Cessna 172, Piper Arrow, and Piper Warrior.

I'm getting a degree in Aviation. lol. I'm going to end college with over 1000 hours including 20 in an Embraer Phenom 100, a few in a Beechjet 400, doing ME and MEI in a Seneca, instrument in a Cirrus SR-22, CFI and CFII in a 172, CPL in an Arrow...

But God I love G36's... Guy at the local airport has a totally redone A-36 with a dual steam and glass panel, full deice, wing tip tanks, custom interior... Just - everything.

If you still have it when we're ready, I'll give you a shout haha. Not even kidding on this. I'm going to talk to my best friend and partner tonight. He's up in Alaska right now getting his A&P and IA.

Last edited by Young_Gun; 08-21-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

My friend and I won't be ready to buy for another 5 years... Sorry man haha

All my hours are in a Cessna 172, Piper Arrow, and Piper Warrior.

I'm getting a degree in Aviation. lol. I'm going to end college with over 1000 hours including 20 in an Embraer Phenom 100, a few in a Beechjet 400, doing ME and MEI in a Seneca, instrument in a Cirrus SR-22, CFI and CFII in a 172, CPL in an Arrow...

But God I love G36's... Guy at the local airport has a totally redone A-36 with a dual steam and glass panel, full deice, wing tip tanks, custom interior... Just - everything.

If you still have it when we're ready, I'll give you a shout haha. Not even kidding on this. I'm going to talk to my best friend and partner tonight. He's up in Alaska right now getting his A&P and IA.
When I was younger, a lot younger I wanted to get into commercial aviation, but somehow I ended up in the commercial fishing business, WTF, they don't have much in common. As the matter of fact I use this aircraft to travel back and forth to SE Alaska 5 or 6 times a year. This my third Bonanza, the first was a 72 and before that a turbo 182rg. Follow your dream, and take my advice stay away from commercial fishing, we've already made all the money.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flat out
When I was younger, a lot younger I wanted to get into commercial aviation, but somehow I ended up in the commercial fishing business, WTF, they don't have much in common. As the matter of fact I use this aircraft to travel back and forth to SE Alaska 5 or 6 times a year. This my third Bonanza, the first was a 72 and before that a turbo 182rg. Follow your dream, and take my advice stay away from commercial fishing, we've already made all the money.
I see major potential in jet leasing, sales, charters, and of course maintenance. I'm also seeing opportunity in high performance piston aircraft - primarily for regional business trips. Back in the 70's, my father had a Cessna 421C that he used for charters and business trips. My friend and I want to cash in. His parents own a major aviation supply company, who I'm SURE you've heard of and probably have done business with. I'm not releasing the name for privacy reasons on his part.

Last edited by Young_Gun; 08-21-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:08 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

I'm thinkin CS. The price will be pretty close to, if not the same, as a stock one. I feel bad for the kid so I'm not going out of my way to screw him like I would someone else.
Originally Posted by jdmcbride
Well, the GT500 bumper is the same as the GT/CS bumper except for how it is painted. This bumper will run you about a $100 more than your stock bumper, but it is worth it! I replaced mine with this bumper when I had my car bumped into in a parking lot in south Florida.

Don't worry about the kid, the insurance company will end up screwing him regardless of what you do after you get the check or do the repairs.

The body shop will usually work with you and worse case you will have to pay the cost difference between the two bumpers.

HTH!
Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
I'm on my second CS rear bumper. Yep I have that kind of luck.

You'll love the CS rear it's more than worth the extra $100.
Sorry about the bad luck!! I was the front car in a 5 car pile up 3 weeks ago. And good luck locating a CS/GT500 rear bumper, I ordered mine over two weeks ago and I was told there were only 9 in the country. It still hasn't shipped.
Not to thread jack but here's mine.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:21 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

How about one of you guys with poor bumper-luck send me the little tag light lense with the black backsplash? My little black piece is broken and looks like a serrated knife
Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 AM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NJ3
Sorry about the bad luck!! I was the front car in a 5 car pile up 3 weeks ago. And good luck locating a CS/GT500 rear bumper, I ordered mine over two weeks ago and I was told there were only 9 in the country. It still hasn't shipped.
Not to thread jack but here's mine.
Really they said there were only 2 in the country back in June when I had to get mine replaced. It only took a week to get it in though.

Originally Posted by baddog671
How about one of you guys with poor bumper-luck send me the little tag light lense with the black backsplash? My little black piece is broken and looks like a serrated knife
The complete assembly is only $40. Why not order it from Ford?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

State Farm is going to come out and cut a check - won't even let me go get an estimate at a body shop. Which means it'll be less than I need for the CS.

I hate State Farm now...

I'm going to inquire on DVI asap.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Mishimoto
Former Sponsor

State Farm is a good insurance company for a car owner to be working with. The inspector that I used to work with made sure cars were 100% before going back to their owners whether it was a brand new Porsche or a 15 year old farm truck.

It seems like you had the chance to go to a DRP of State Farm and get the work taken care of. Since you don't trust the shop, and want to get it taken care of at a shop you prefer, they are going to write you a check based on the damage they see. Chasing around supplements will be a nightmare though and sometimes the fine print on the check reads "once you cash this, you agree this was proper amount for all repairs necessary to bring the vehicle back to pre-accident condition".

Quick Reply: Rear Ended