Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Mustang GT?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 07:29 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
I was hoping someone could give me some insight on what to expect with a car equipped with a supercharger.?
They go really fast!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:32 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
I was hoping someone could give me some insight on what to expect with a car equipped with a supercharger.?
More reliability issues. Honestly, unless you are a hands on type of person and have a garage, tools and some know how, i'd stick with your current car.

Give your car back to your dad? How does that work? I'm sure your father doesn't want to pay for your car and how the hell do you get cash back?

Man am I glad I am sterile!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:41 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
More reliability issues. Honestly, unless you are a hands on type of person and have a garage, tools and some know how, i'd stick with your current car.

Give your car back to your dad? How does that work? I'm sure your father doesn't want to pay for your car and how the hell do you get cash back?

Man am I glad I am sterile!
I take it as you don't want kids, lol.

There is more to the story on the car then you would know because you don't know us personally. Unless you know what is going on in someones personal life you don't need to make the smartass comments.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Rolling13
2nd Gear Member

Back to buying used. That is always tricky and long distance makes it worse. Buying the T Bird we flue there and spent several days with the car and I still found several small things wrong when it arrived here. It does look good and has quality parts.

Last edited by Rolling13; 09-02-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Realize that with a modded car comes more responsibility.
Things happen, and you have to have the moolah to deal with those things that happen.

That being said... Yup that car has a lot more power and is probably fun as hell to drive.
If you DO decide to check it out seriously you MUST have it TOTALLY checked out with a fine toothed comb.
Also.. ask if they will show you a service record from Ford. Ask them who put the supercharger on.
Ask them as many questions as you can so you can dig and find the history of the car.

I call B.S. on the never raced. Who puts an aftermarket supercharger on their non supercharged car and never races it? That's a chance in hell shot.

It's ok to buy a used modded car but you MUST have it checked out BIG TIME.
Always risks involved so if you are willing to take the risk it is o.k.
Just do everything in your power to LOWER the risks.

Another option would be to slap a supercharger on your current V6 if you want more power.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 09-02-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:38 AM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rolling13
Back to buying used. That is always tricky and long distance makes it worse. Buying the T Bird we flue there and spent several days with the car and I still found several small things wrong when it arrived here. It does look good and has quality parts.
Yea, the distance is what I would be worried about on this 07 GT. Would suck to fly out there to look at it and not come back home with it.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:40 AM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Realize that with a modded car comes more responsibility.
Things happen, and you have to have the moolah to deal with those things that happen.

That being said... Yup that car has a lot more power and is probably fun as hell to drive.
If you DO decide to check it out seriously you MUST have it TOTALLY checked out with a fine toothed comb.
Also.. ask if they will show you a service record from Ford. Ask them who put the supercharger on.
Ask them as many questions as you can so you can dig and find the history of the car.

I call B.S. on the never raced. Who puts an aftermarket supercharger on their non supercharged car and never races it? That's a chance in hell shot.

It's ok to buy a used modded car but you MUST have it checked out BIG TIME.
Always risks involved so if you are willing to take the risk it is o.k.
Just do everything in your power to LOWER the risks.

Another option would be to slap a supercharger on your current V6 if you want more power.
Depending on what happened to the car with the S/C the payments and insurance would take most of my money so I wouldn't have too much to spare if something were to happen. That really makes me rethink my decision about a NA or a S/C stang. I call B.S. on the never raced part too. It would probably be smarter to buy used so I could have my mechanic check it out fully.