Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang GT 2013 manual Transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Mustang 2013

Default Mustang GT 2013 manual Transmission issue

hi everyone

I have a problem with my new mustang manual transmission

I was driving the car last night I put it in first gear and it was fine then I shifted smoothly to second .. then its stuck in it its look like released but when I takeoff my foot from the clutch its still in second gear.. any idea or anyone faced the same problem.. is it from the shifter?? I cant shift it in any gear even if I wanna put it back into second couldn't be!!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Old 02-27-2013, 07:13 PM
TheLockNLoad
1st Gear Member

I was right with you up until...

Originally Posted by Mustang 2013
.. then its stuck in it its look like released but when I takeoff my foot from the clutch its still in second gear.. any idea or anyone faced the same problem.. is it from the shifter?? I cant shift it in any gear even if I wanna put it back into second couldn't be!!
Then you lost me... I think you need to spin a little English in there to get your point across better. Oh and welcome.

Last edited by TheLockNLoad; 02-27-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Yes, problems of transmission Yoda has.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Speed Buggy

If I translated that sentence correctly it sounds like your shifter fell apart.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Mustang 2013

sorry about the weak language .. obviously, English is not my mother tongue ; )
What I meant was that When I tried to put the gear in 3 shifting from the second gear, the gear **** moved only into the Neutral gear (N), while the transmission stayed stuck in gear 2.
Can anyone offer me a solution??
Old 02-28-2013, 07:59 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Well, a short comment is that it is broke. Either the shifter linkage has come loose or you have an internal problem with the transmission. I hope you have a Ford dealership near by. That would absolutely fall under warranty. I am assuming it is now stuck in second gear. Sorry for the comments but, we sometimes get trolls that sound like this. Speed Buggy is right. Your shifter may well have fallen apart. Not a problem to fix other than time. The better way to fix that is to go with an after market shifter. The stock shifter in these cars SUCKS!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Mustang 2013
hi everyone

I have a problem with my new mustang manual transmission

I was driving the car last night I put it in first gear and it was fine then I shifted smoothly to second .. then its stuck in it its look like released but when I takeoff my foot from the clutch its still in second gear.. any idea or anyone faced the same problem.. is it from the shifter?? I cant shift it in any gear even if I wanna put it back into second couldn't be!!
Hello Mustang 2013,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer and have it checked out. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 01-26-2020, 03:59 PM
Mark Guilliot

Default Gear stuck in second.

I'd like to start off by saying I was gunning it in first then shift to second and notice a weird noise then it got jammed up and stuck between neutral and 2nd gear. Was able to coast it home in second gear thank god I was just a few blocks from my house. First thought my transmission is toast. Second thought why not take the shift boot off and inspect what I can. Found there was 2 Allen wrench set screws that pinch down springs. One of the set screws came out an lodged itself in the crack of the shifter keeping it stuck in 2and. I took it out added lock tite and out them back and now I'm up and running again !

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello Mustang 2013,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer and have it checked out. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha