Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix those annoying headrests in 2 min. for $0

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 11:41 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Only one way to find out,straighten out your headrests and back into a concrete wall as fast as you possibly can. Post pics
Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 PM
RADTech

As you apparently already did. Another fine example of mindless and useless posts that shouldn't beallowed. Perhaps you were an advisor for the imbecilic mullet crack? Hey here's one: I bet I'm not going out on a limb guessing your wife is the mechanic in your house. Haha, hilarious and informative post isn't this? All in good fun though, right?
Old 10-23-2013, 03:17 PM
vixr
2nd Gear Member

I use the head rest daily... There are a few killer turns on my way home from work, and I find myself bracing my head on the rest is a good thing.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:06 PM
RADTech

I can comfortably use mine all the time now as opposed to it painfully forcing my head down. I hope nobody's thinking that I bent it back wards!!! It's now just at what I consider a normal angle just slightly tilted forward. I find it strange that there hasn't been mass complaints about neck aches from these things.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:20 PM
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

Seriously, I thought this was a joke...
Old 10-24-2013, 02:39 AM
RADTech

Originally Posted by kdryan
It is KD. Of course I'm just kidding! Everyone knows that once you buy a car, local, state, and federal laws strictly forbid every human being even thinking about so much as even altering the rear view mirror position, never mind slightly adjusting the headrest from breaking my f***king neck. Heck, that's like removing a stupid dangling tag from your mattress. It goes without saying that mattresses without factory designed and installed tags must never be altered inany way lest sleeping on it will surely mortally wound the human body.

And besides, car engineers are infallible professionals just like lifetime professional, career politicians like republican congressmen. They are infinitely more intelligent than anyone else and I entrust them completely to control me, my future and fate, and all decisions concerning me, my family and the future of my country.

Gentlemen, I love Fords, but I believe the group of people or person that allowed production of these junk headrests is a moron. So don't be a stupid sheep. Think out of the box. I didn't re-engineer my safety belts...I adjusted the rest angle so I could use my car!!!

SHEEESHH!!!!!

Last edited by RADTech; 10-24-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:21 AM
RADTech

See, the thing is, you will seek out and pay a skilled automobile body technician to custom paint your console (which looks pisser, btw!), and I am the skilled auto tech which people trust to reliably perform such a mod.

I got a custom made plastic shifter **** colored with kona blue paint mixed in to match my body paint(that's one thing I can't do). A paint colored **** to match your console would look totally cool. Grabber Pony did this before they got bought out...perhaps the new owners still can do that.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:36 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kdryan
You're not alone on that lol
Old 10-24-2013, 08:12 AM
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RADTech
See, the thing is, you will seek out and pay a skilled automobile body technician to custom paint your console (which looks pisser, btw!), and I am the skilled auto tech which people trust to reliably perform such a mod.

I got a custom made plastic shifter **** colored with kona blue paint mixed in to match my body paint(that's one thing I can't do). A paint colored **** to match your console would look totally cool. Grabber Pony did this before they got bought out...perhaps the new owners still can do that.
Who, me?

Personally, I like the headrests. The angle is such that I can sit comfortably and rest my head on the head rest. Very nice. Not like my Volvo where the head rest sits about 6 feet behind you.

Last edited by kdryan; 10-24-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

But I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't be as comfortable with your headrest if you were wearing a helmet like you have to for autocross, road course track days, and drag racing.

The headrests don't even bother me when I'm wearing mine for up to 20+ minutes at a time. Not even when I'm sitting still for a few minutes waiting for my turn to go. We're all built somewhat differently but not equally accommodated, which is the ultimate root cause for this entire thread.

Norm