Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ghost Cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:52 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Ghost cam tunes sound good but they're not worth the sacrifice in performance that comes with them.
What sacrifice is there other than a couple of MPG ?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:23 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

People have reported driveability issues, stalling at lights, drastic changes in fuel consumption and high rpm performance sacrifices from what I've seen. Just doesn't seem worth it.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:51 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by bakerjd
People have reported driveability issues, stalling at lights, drastic changes in fuel consumption and high rpm performance sacrifices from what I've seen. Just doesn't seem worth it.
Thanks I appreciate your opinion, but could this just be in older Mustangs ? I have not heard of this problem on 2012, 13 and 14. Even the Boss 302 comes stock with the Ghost Cam installed in the factory tune.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:00 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by B's 5.0
I have a 2013 GT and want to know what bolt on Cat Delete pipes are available. American Muscle has the BBK Cat Delete bolt on's for $139.00 but by all the reviews they do not fit well and they either need to be welded on or use a lot of seal because they leak a lot . I do not want to spend a lot for the pipes if necessary. I have the Bama Tuner and want to do the Ghost Cam which requires the Cats be removed. There is no problem where I live because there is no emission test. Any help would be appreciated.
Originally Posted by B's 5.0
What sacrifice is there other than a couple of MPG ?
The cat deletes will definitely do the trick but some people have reported leaking issues with a set up like this. IMO, the best option would be to just grab an after market X or H-pipe! This will not just give you the ability to run a cam tune, the 11+ 5.0's pick up 15+ RWHP from a cat less mid pipe. However, if the cat deletes are installed correctly, I don't think you should have any leaking issues! There's a ton of people running the cat deletes without any complaints.

You won't make any sacrifices to every day driving with the Cam tune. I run the Cam tune on my 2011 GT and absolutely love it! It will give you that lopey idle that we all love and then all of the tables go back to normal after you pull away. You will see a loss in gas mileage if you're sitting still at idle but when driving you won't see a big decrease!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 10-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:10 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
The cat deletes will definitely do the trick but some people have reported leaking issues with a set up like this. IMO, the best option would be to just grab an after market X or H-pipe! This will not just give you the ability to run a cam tune, the 11+ 5.0's pick up 15+ RWHP from a cat less mid pipe. However, if the cat deletes are installed correctly, I don't think you should have any leaking issues! There's thousands of people running the cat deletes without any complaints.

You won't make any sacrifices to every day driving with the Cam tune. I run the Cam tune on my 2011 GT and absolutely love it! It will give you that lopey idle that we all love and then all of the tables go back to normal after you pull away. You will see a loss in gas mileage if you're sitting still at idle but when driving you won't see a big decrease!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
Thanks, I ordered the BBK Cat delete pipes and will have them welded on because where I live we have no emission test. How much hp can I expect to gain with this BBK Cat delete and tune ?
Old 09-28-2013, 08:36 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Bill, I personally would ship them right back. You can go to any exhaust shop and have them cut out out your cats and weld in pipe and the 02 threads in, the shop I go to did it for fifty bucks. A "cat delete" is just a piece of pipe, not sure how they get away with selling it so high. You may get a little drone, as to be expected when you change that piece of the exhaust, but it can be fixed by installing resonators for another fifty bucks. Here's my pudding

I don't have a video with resonators in it right now, but it's the exact same tone just pops ever so slightly less and doesn't drone.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
Bill, I personally would ship them right back. You can go to any exhaust shop and have them cut out out your cats and weld in pipe and the 02 threads in, the shop I go to did it for fifty bucks. A "cat delete" is just a piece of pipe, not sure how they get away with selling it so high. You may get a little drone, as to be expected when you change that piece of the exhaust, but it can be fixed by installing resonators for another fifty bucks. Here's my pudding
Roushcharged GT/CS Before and After Cat Delete - YouTube

I don't have a video with resonators in it right now, but it's the exact same tone just pops ever so slightly less and doesn't drone.
Most shops wont just cut cats out because thats illegal, they usually need to bolt some product in
Old 09-28-2013, 10:42 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
Most shops wont just cut cats out because thats illegal, they usually need to bolt some product in
He said where he lives emissions aren't a concern.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:00 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
He said where he lives emissions aren't a concern.
Thanks, appreciate the suggestion, but $139 for Cat delete pipes is not a big deal for me. I will have it welded on and get back with the results. Just like Dan from American Muscle has said, there are thousands out there with the Cat delete pipes with no problems, so we shall see. American Muscle has never steered me wrong before and I have bought more parts from them then you can imagine. If there is a problem I guarantee AM will take care of it like they have in the past. American Muscle is #1 in my book

Last edited by B's 5.0; 09-28-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:27 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Well, had the Cat delete BBK Pipe installed and did the Ghost Cam Tune, a great addition to the 5.0.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 10-01-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Ghost Cam