Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ghost Cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 03:21 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

Default Ghost Cam

I have a 2013 GT and want to know what bolt on Cat Delete pipes are available. American Muscle has the BBK Cat Delete bolt on's for $139.00 but by all the reviews they do not fit well and they either need to be welded on or use a lot of seal because they leak a lot . I do not want to spend a lot for the pipes if necessary. I have the Bama Tuner and want to do the Ghost Cam which requires the Cats be removed. There is no problem where I live because there is no emission test. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:00 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

B,
I have heard mixed reviews on the BBK Cat Deletes. I have a BBK x-pipe and plan on installing the deletes to turn it into a off-road x. My thought is that it is only $139 for a few extra horses...but I really want the sound. I have also found that the issues are with the fitment to the stock H-pipe, I am assuming that the fitment to a BBK product won't create too many issues. But I may be wrong. If you give me a week or two, I will probably have a better answer.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:07 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by OSUTX440
B,
I have heard mixed reviews on the BBK Cat Deletes. I have a BBK x-pipe and plan on installing the deletes to turn it into a off-road x. My thought is that it is only $139 for a few extra horses...but I really want the sound. I have also found that the issues are with the fitment to the stock H-pipe, I am assuming that the fitment to a BBK product won't create too many issues. But I may be wrong. If you give me a week or two, I will probably have a better answer.
Please do. Thanks I do have the Stock H-pipe and this is what concerns me and was wondering if there are other pipes that will connect to the Stock pipe other then BBK to delete the Cats.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 09-25-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

The boss 302 has a idle lope tune and it has catalytic converters, so in dont see why they cant make one for the GT to use with cats. Does anyone know if there is a reason, or what is different about the boss 302 track key idle lope tune?

also, jegs does seem to have a few cat delete options for the 2011+ mustangs, but im not sure on fitment or quality

Last edited by Andy13186; 09-25-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:22 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

All of the delete pipes are poorly made. If you really want the best two options are buying a new mid pipe either x or have catless. Or bore out your cats so that they are effectively hollow and catless.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:50 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

JBA makes modular H and X pipes. The reviews for fitment are better for JBA than BBK. They are 2 piece which would make install a little easier and allow for more adjustment. I have seen the cat delete pipes on Jegs and they look a lot like the BBK, cheap and probably poor fitment. Might as well just do the whole mid-pipe.

That will probably be my next mod b/c I also want the Ghost Cam tune. Let us know what you decide to go with.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:35 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by Andy13186
The boss 302 has a idle lope tune and it has catalytic converters, so in dont see why they cant make one for the GT to use with cats. Does anyone know if there is a reason, or what is different about the boss 302 track key idle lope tune?

also, jegs does seem to have a few cat delete options for the 2011+ mustangs, but im not sure on fitment or quality
Thanks

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
All of the delete pipes are poorly made. If you really want the best two options are buying a new mid pipe either x or have catless. Or bore out your cats so that they are effectively hollow and catless.
Thanks
Originally Posted by BrazenStang
JBA makes modular H and X pipes. The reviews for fitment are better for JBA than BBK. They are 2 piece which would make install a little easier and allow for more adjustment. I have seen the cat delete pipes on Jegs and they look a lot like the BBK, cheap and probably poor fitment. Might as well just do the whole mid-pipe.

That will probably be my next mod b/c I also want the Ghost Cam tune. Let us know what you decide to go with.
I sure will. Thanks please keep suggestions coming.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:12 PM
KONABLUE12

I have the JBA O/R X-pipe and it fits very well. It wasn't too expensive.
The reason that you cannot have a ghost cam with catylitic converters, is the amount of unbent gas that is being let out in the overlap between when the intake valves and exhaust valves being open at the same time for a split second. This causes the lope, but also pours out I burnt gasoline straight onto your catylitic converters. This will completely kill the catylitic convertors in around 10,000 miles. With the ghost can you will see a reduction of gas mileage around 2-3 mpg less. I had the tune on, but I switched to BAMA's race time with out the ghost cam because the ghost cam kept making the car kill as soon as I cranked it.

Overall, off-road x-pipe was worth it, ghost cam sounded awesome but annoying to have it kill in front of somebody, and the exhaust isn't much louder without the catylitic convertors btw.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:01 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Ghost cam tunes sound good but they're not worth the sacrifice in performance that comes with them.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Heres what bama said about ghost cam tune with catalytic converters

"Our ghost cam tune produces a very very lopey idle. The problem is, in order to achieve this, the car runs fairly lean at idle. The exhaust temps get high and this is not particularly good for the stock catalytic converters. We do not offer any type of more mild cam tune either unfortunately."

Quick Reply: Ghost Cam