Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seatbelt warning charm

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Packoo

Default Seatbelt warning charm

ANYONE know how to dissconnect the seatbelt charm/alarm?
Old 10-21-2005, 01:20 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Seatbelt warning charm

The first thing I'd try is wearing the seat belt. If that doesn't stop it, take it to Ford.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Packoo

I was in a car accident where fire was involved and the seatbelt was jammed and I could not get it open...

Seatbelts are just as dangerous when you cant open them and the vehicle is on fire...

I do not wear the belts because of this...

Call me what you want... I almost died because of a seatbelt...

Old 10-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your issue of not being able to get out. Maybe you could keep a KNIFE in the glove box to cut the belt? They make car tools to break the window/shield and cut the belt, etc. for this purpose.

The reason many states have seatbelt laws is because the probability of you being SAVED by a seatbelt are better than the odds of you being killed because of it.

So, by not wearing a seatbelt, you are playing (actually, gambling your life) against the odds. And, in most states, you're breaking the law...

I guess I don't want you flying out of your car and into mine, either...

Everybody knows of the "I would have died if I had the seatbelt on" stories, and I'm sure it's true. However, the number of "I lived because I had my seatbelt on" stories is greater.

Anyhow, I'm sure this little lecture will receive mixed reviews [X(]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I actually like the chime, it has me wearing my seatbelt all the time now, I harldy wore my seatbelt in my previous car. I dont put it on for the .6 mile ride at 25mph to the store tho.

RTFM! its in the owners book how to deactivate it. But I think its only for that one time. Will need to be done again each time.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:08 PM
nitrojunkee
1st Gear Member

The owners manual should tell you how to turn off the warning chime for good. I dont care for seatbelts myself either. They totally distract me while im driving because of how they feel. And until the state I live in starts paying my insurance, and my car payments, i'll do as I wish with MY seatbelts in My car !!! If I want to "take my own life into my own hands", then as an adult, I should be able to make that choice !!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:28 PM
sdmahr
1st Gear Member

I cannot believe in this day and age people are still refusing to wear seatbelts. Yes, wearing your seatblet is a choice you can make. I don't and never will wear mine because the LAW says I have to. I wear mine because I WANT to. Look at the statistics and understand what they mean and what the best option is. Car safety is TOTALLY designed and tested around the occupant WEARING A SEAT BELT. By not wearing the belt, you open yourself up to additional risk you didn't have before. With seat, frontal, and side curtain airbags you need to be in a "zone" were these devices can do you some good......and the belt will keep you there so they can be the most effective.

I'm done preachin'. Like I said, to each his own. At least take the time to understand the risk vs. benefit.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:44 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

I have to say, the Gov't shouldn't require people to wear seat belts (or helmets on motorcycles). People that are old enough to drive are old enough to make their own decisions.
Besides, there are WAY too many people on this plant as it is. The way I figure it's sort of like "natural selection" or as I call it "thining the herd." If a family of deer go to drink at the lake, and one gets eaten by a preditor, the rest of the family has learned not to go to that spot on the lake. If they do go back to that spot they run the risk of getting eaten. The smart animals learn from mistakes and this leads to survival of the fittest. See, even in todays society, among humans, in a well developed nation, we still can see survival of the fittest, and natural selection at work! We need to repeal all seat belt and helmet laws!
Old 10-21-2005, 07:39 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RetiredGeneral

I have to say, the Gov't shouldn't require people to wear seat belts (or helmets on motorcycles). People that are old enough to drive are old enough to make their own decisions.
Besides, there are WAY too many people on this plant as it is. The way I figure it's sort of like "natural selection" or as I call it "thining the herd." If a family of deer go to drink at the lake, and one gets eaten by a preditor, the rest of the family has learned not to go to that spot on the lake. If they do go back to that spot they run the risk of getting eaten. The smart animals learn from mistakes and this leads to survival of the fittest. See, even in todays society, among humans, in a well developed nation, we still can see survival of the fittest, and natural selection at work! We need to repeal all seat belt and helmet laws!
I agree. The smart humans learn from the dumb ones who were killed in car accidents by not wearing a seatbelt. The smart ones wear seatbelts and live.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Retired...

Just look around... the Vast Majority of the law anymore is designed to protect STUPID PEOPLE!

When I was a kid.. if you got hurt your parents Insurance paid for your broken arm... today - you have to have insurance to protect YOU from stupid people that fall in your yard and break their arms. So YOU have to pay for their stupidity!

Darwin has a flaw in his theory... he never accounted that we would protect stupid people from being stupid and therefore allow them to procreate so now we have a much larger percent of stupid people population than we would if we didn't protect them... LOL

Quick Reply: Seatbelt warning charm