Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess I need Someone to help me Cope with the Pain

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Guess I need Someone to help me Cope with the Pain

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

Don't feel too bad. I total'd the family car 2 days after I got my license on my 16th BD.
I totaled my Ninja 750 2 hours after i got insurance for it.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:29 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Reminds me of a story -

Around 1982, having my license for a short time, my sister left her new Fiat Spider with us for a few weeks while traveling (the car that sold me on convertibles). I was learning to drive stick, and enjoyed driving it. To accomodate four cars in a three car garage, my dad turned our '66 Mustang coupe flat against the back wall, which allowed enough room for the Fiat in the stall. By "enough room", I mean literally 1" on the front and 1" out back. We would place a 2x4 on the floor to chock the wheels of the Fiat to know when to stop (can you see what's coming?). I started to pull in the Fiat one time, and didn't know that the board got moved. Easing the clutch out as I got close, I bumped the Mustang. Seeing and feeling the impact, I let out the clutch in panic - car lunges further forward into the Mustang and stalls (no it gets worse). I jumped out of the Fiat and peered over the fender to see a quarter-size chip in the door of the Mustang from the Fiat's license plate (but no dent). In anger, I said a bad word as I banged my fist on the fender of the Fiat, and put a creese in my sister's new car.

The Fiat is long gone, but I still have that old Mustang (and you can still see where I touched up the paint on the door).

Old 11-02-2005, 03:43 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

There is nothing wrong with having a nice car when you are 16. I had a 87 Crown Vic. I wish I had a nice car but I spent all of my time getting drunk and partying. I didn't start working until I was 17. Take your car to a body shop. It will look brand new.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

I wasnt drunk, didint have anything to drink at all.

Just was in a ****ty mood, and couldnt see due tom my parents having every light off on the house so they could get the maximum affect for teh decorations.

Its a real bummer, good thing is we got most of the scratch out and were prolly gonna have a body shop look at it. Someone mentioned air brush, would it be able to do the scratches in teh factory color paint so it matches up?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Oh and my parents bought me the car, I pay insurance and modifications. I work 1 job, 2 in the summer.