Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk keeps popping with door closing and locking

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 06:50 PM
Kyle Fruge

Exclamation Trunk keeps popping with door closing and locking

I have a 2011 GT, had my on and off issues with the car but pretty much has been a decent daily driver. Recently, my car has been having a very weird issue with the trunk. Any time I close a door, driver or passenger, and any time I lock my doors, my trunk pops. It will also pop randomly while just parked, doors locked, after not having the issue for a while, and it will set off my alarm, and even will do it while driving down the road. I thought I found the issue a couple weeks ago when I pulled off a fuse tap that I had for my halos (I had already removed both headlights and foglights, replaced with stock headlights and a saleen grille) that I thought was grounding out and the issue stopped, but randomly it started again. Wanted to see if anyone had this issue or know what to do/look for?

For additional information: Fuse tap was ran to interior fuse box, spare fuse 10A that is only powered when key is on, car electronically is stock, only a CAI, catback exhaust, and short throw shifter have been modded that is not appearance. Only other thing I can remotely think could cause an issue, which I highly doubt, is the Raxiom vector tail lights I have on the car which have been on there for months.
Old 12-27-2020, 01:42 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

My initial guess would be a mechanical issue as opposed to electrical, seems like there are adjustments on the striker or latch that can be done.