Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avoid "Importstuning.com" like the plague

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Avoid "Importstuning.com" like the plague

I found a web site called Importstuning.com that advertised an upgrade H-13 bulb. I ordered a pair, they claimed to be brighter and crisper than the stockers. I got them and one of wouldn't even come on. I called the company and they sent me a replacement. The bulbs I ordered were made by Diesel and claimed an 18 mo guarantee. The bulbs I received were made by another company, LUKS and no guarantee was even mentioned. I called and inquired about the difference in brands and the guy said, "Oh, they're all made by the same company just labeled differently. I thought, OK, I'll give them a try. I put them in and yea, they did look like HID's but didn't put out anywhere near as much light as the stock bulbs and from the driver's seat, THEY WERE BLUE-not the super white they advertised. Like I said, they were very blue and I couldn't see nearly as well as the OEM's-especially in the rain.
I again contacted the company and the only thing they said was they had the same bulb in 80W/100W. I told the guy i wasn't interested in over taxing my electrical system or damaging the reflectors. I politely asked for a refund and that's the last I ever heard from them. I have sent at least 3 e-mails since and they don't even bother to answer. I just hope that I can keep even 1 other Mustang owner from making the mistake I did. These guys are jerks!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:00 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Avoid "Importstuning.com" like the plague

Sorry to hear you got screwed. Dunno, with a name like "Importstuning" it seems like they are going for the ricer crowd who likes to spend money on things that only appear to improve performance. I'm sure the average ricer would like these bulbs only because they are blue. At least you noticed that the bulbs you bought were worse than the factory ones. I once asked a ricer if he knew how much SLOWER his stock Civic was since he added extra weight with his stupid body kit, towel rack and fart can. He got really mad.
At any rate, thanks for warning us!!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:19 AM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

I absolutley hate when emails go ignored. I bought some white bulbs a couple of months ago and the drivers side is now out when I hit the brights. I guess its still ok since they still work on lo beams.

But - thanks for the warning. I bad word goes a long way.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:38 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

I'm assuming you paid via credit card since you bought it online right?

I copied this from their site on those bulbs?
"The ultimate result is a bright white light beam that is noticeably sharper and brighter than other light sources."

Is the light noticeably sharper and brighter?

If not (as per your post), call credit card company, dispute charges on the grounds that the product did not meet your expectations, and that after asking for a refund it was refused.

Credit cards can really come in handy if used correctly.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:22 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

with a name like importstuning.com, I'd avoid them like the plague anyway
Old 12-01-2005, 12:28 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Looks like they sell the same ricer dressup crap as Pep Boys. Probably could have gotten the same thing locally and not paid shipping and had a real person to discuss the issue with.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:12 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

A look at their doctored picture shows the same picture, the same trees on both sides of the street, the stripes in the street are visible in the very same spot in the wiper arms, they changed the lighting in the picture, if you look where the guages are they went from yellow to white as well.

Old 12-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Unfortunately, I paid for the bulbs with PayPal. Unlike credit cards, they will not help unless you did not receive your order, not if the item is trash. I guess i just got "taken". Lesson learned.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:04 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

I once bought a pair of the blue/white bulbs for my Chevy truck from J.C.Whitney. They were so blue I couldn't see Jack-Feces with 'em. Luckily they were only about ten bucks apiece. I went through a few different kinds of bulbs until I ran across the Sylvania SilverStars. These things are nice, and reasonalbly priced. At least fer a Chevy truck, they were! I'm sure in time they'll have ones fer the Mustang, too.