Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So. Cal 2005+ mustang meet [Jan14th] ***new date***

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 11:55 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: So. Cal 2005+ mustang meet [Jan 7th]

ORIGINAL: Exilenla

Correction to my note above.... there was one other Black 05-06, and I remember it running fast, and noticed it has a "USC" Frame around the liecence plate.....Was that you? If so you drove right past 5 of us 05-06ers parked in the pits.... Did you see the Bumble Bee coupe with the NOZ? we were all parked together.

Cheers!
WOW, I can't believe I didn't see you guys. The KB set-up was adam and we were parked together. I checked the weather late and thought for sure it was going to rain so I didn't go till adam called me. I got there around 9:30 and made one pass in group 6. When they shut down the track for the first few drops of rain, and then re-opened it a few minutes later, I was the very next car to run. I was actually happy with a 12.40 considering I couldn't get into 4th gear. I'm not liking this Hurst shifter.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/9362A3DA723E4AE18DCB72B95EE986BD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/81B3B49376B44C119E2547E4D528FB9D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Correction to my note above.... there was one other Black 05-06, and I remember it running fast, and noticed it has a "USC" Frame around the liecence plate.....Was that you? If so you drove right past 5 of us 05-06ers parked in the pits.... Did you see the Bumble Bee coupe with the NOZ? we were all parked together.

Cheers!
WOW, I can't believe I didn't see you guys. The KB set-up was adam and we were parked together. I checked the weather late and thought for sure it was going to rain so I didn't go till adam called me. I got there around 9:30 and made one pass in group 6. When they shut down the track for the first few drops of rain, and then re-opened it a few minutes later, I was the very next car to run. I was actually happy with a 12.40 considering I couldn't get into 4th gear. I'm not liking this Hurst shifter.

Now that I see those pics, I recall you posting those before....Sorry, I dont remember seeing you or your ride. I am sure we can catch up again at another meet. PM me or start a thread for the next outing.

How about that blue Roush......Did you see that? That was a nice ride!

Cheers!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:26 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Cheers!

Now that I see those pics, I recall you posting those before....Sorry, I dont remember seeing you or your ride. I am sure we can catch up again at another meet. PM me or start a thread for the next outing.

Cheers!
LOL - My car IS the Blue Roush. You did see me!??? (those are old pics)
Old 01-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

Cheers!

Cheers!
LOL I am glad I didn't say anything bad then eh I remember back in late summer, I saw you at the Marriot Hotel in Riverside with your ride (i am sure it was you...) it was a day or so before the cobra meet up at Fontana. IF it was you, then you would remember seeing quite a few old skool cobras parked there.

Well my point is, Nice ride! my only comment about your car, is VERY NICE, but I couldn't have it as a daily driver [:@] as it is too much show for my line of work....(since my co pay for my ride)

Cheers!

p.s. I have a buddy on the East Coast who is chompin at the bit waiting on his Roush arriving. Can you email me a "Current" pic of your ride, so I can show him a sweet ride form the west!
Old 01-15-2006, 01:25 AM
No Name
I ♥ Acer

If the truth be told, it's a Roush clone, isn't it? It looks like a clone to me.

Or is it a Cobra? I see a snake on the fender. [8D]
Old 01-15-2006, 01:31 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: No Name

If the truth be told, it's a Roush clone, isn't it? It looks like a clone to me.

Or is it a Cobra? I see a snake on the fender. [8D]
It is in fact a signed and certified roush sport package. I actually bought my car from roush cause I love the body kit and interior package. I have the cobra cause I like it and I eat cobras for breakfast.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:49 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

got to be honest...
it ROYALLY SUCKED to be at Carls at 6:25 am and only have one other guy show up. (no offense to you exilenla). We ended up getting a little group of about 7 mustangs together in a pit, and none of the other people on this forum thought to stop by and see if we were part of the group that was supposed to meet at Carls...

Being at a track from 7am until noon and only getting one crappy run really sucks too.... (partially because of rain, but mostly because there were like 500 other cars there!). I was really hoping to see how the other mustangs ran and sounded with mods... I would have been ok with one pass at the track if I could have had some time looking at and listening to some of your cars. No luck there either. We ended up with 4 bone stock GTs, a V6 with a tune, and two modified GTs. Not much to compare there...

LACR in Palmdale has street racing on Wed and Fri nights. I was there for 2 hours and got 4 runs (including getting through tech).

Well, live and learn. If you guys plan any other SoCal events don't count on me. I'm not cool with the flakey ricer mentality.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:23 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: RetiredGeneral

got to be honest...
it ROYALLY SUCKED to be at Carls at 6:25 am and only have one other guy show up. (no offense to you exilenla). We ended up getting a little group of about 7 mustangs together in a pit, and none of the other people on this forum thought to stop by and see if we were part of the group that was supposed to meet at Carls...

Being at a track from 7am until noon and only getting one crappy run really sucks too.... (partially because of rain, but mostly because there were like 500 other cars there!). I was really hoping to see how the other mustangs ran and sounded with mods... I would have been ok with one pass at the track if I could have had some time looking at and listening to some of your cars. No luck there either. We ended up with 4 bone stock GTs, a V6 with a tune, and two modified GTs. Not much to compare there...

LACR in Palmdale has street racing on Wed and Fri nights. I was there for 2 hours and got 4 runs (including getting through tech).

Well, live and learn. If you guys plan any other SoCal events don't count on me. I'm not cool with the flakey ricer mentality.
Rick -

I am SOOOOO SORRY! It really is not my style and I would love to meet you (especially since I have a softail too) I checked the weather online at 11:00 PM on friday night and it said the rain was coming in by 9:00 am so I was sure fontanna wouldn't even be open. I thought no one else was going either. If I thought 1 guy was going to be at Carl's - I would have been there. Let me make it up to you...

YOU TELL ME what track you're going to next and when - and I will come out to you. Irwindale on Thurs? Palmdale??? Perris?? I don't care. Let me know when you're going next - you can PM me if you like and I will meet you down there. It's the least I can do for your troubles. (Plus, I'm always looking for an excuse to hit a track...LOL)

Let me know and we'll meet soon.

Mark
Old 01-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RetiredGeneral

got to be honest...

Dont Forget Pinoy! we had the pleasure of meeting him too!

Cheers!
Old 01-17-2006, 03:53 PM
pinoy
1st Gear Member

Yea it was fun. It was my first time actually racing in a track. And boy am i hooked. Now i gotta get a supercharger But yea it did suck when it started raining. now i want to go to irwandale and leanr how to launch and all that good stuff. My time at the track was 14.6 @ 96MPH.. I have an automatic and i thought that was ok considering i only have exhaust. everything else is bone stock. So yea good times. And set up another date and i will go! Thanks guys for getting me hooked!