Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Camaro....it was a matter of time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 05:35 AM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Camaro....it was a matter of time...

you guys are crazy...

the reason the challenger looks good is cause IT IS THE SAME CAR! look at it! i wouldnt buy it cause i like to have a NEW car... thats what my dad drove when i was like 4 years old... i think what the stang is doing is taking SOME elements and making it into a modern looking retro INSPIRED car... not just making the CAR out of plastic like the challenger did...

thats why i kinda give props to the camaro... it LOOKS like a new car... although it is kinda ugly they just didnt put low profile tires on a car from 1969... this is supposed to be the year 2006
Old 01-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rattsj

(remember the rear tail lights of the mustang concept? now that was wack)

Whoa, hold on a second, i kinda liked the mustang concept ESPECIALLY those tail lights... i think ford just chickened out...
Concept

sometimes you mod the car so much that it fails in practical application one of those failures has to be the SSR (nice idea horrible execution) and even our beloved Tbird... which was so retro only OLD people bought them (damn portholes)

Old 01-15-2006, 03:50 PM
MetalMech
1st Gear Member

I don't like it - not retro or muscle enough.

why do you think chicks dig mustangs more than any other car? cuz they look hot no matter what....(well....64-73 and 05-06). Its a better looking car, bottom line. I mean honestly...when you think of mustang you think of 4 girls in bikinis in a 66 convertable driving down by the beach or gone in 60 seconds styled GT500....when you think of a camaro you think of a drunk hillbilly covered in oil with a mullet hanging out from under his trucker hat and his asscrack hanging out and him stumbling out of the motor home in a drunken stupor proclaiming he needs to "get the 'maro a beer."
I agree - lol
Old 01-16-2006, 07:52 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

There were terrific concept model designs out about 6 years or so ago ('course the lead designer for this car was still in high school then). This concept is down right stupid. Can they make the bow tie in the grill and on the decklid any BIGGER. And maybe change the color from bright yellow to florescent orange. The only styling cue they appear to have carried forward was the 69 gills before the rear wheelwell. ...and those are even suspect looking. I'll tell you one thing... I got to see the interview of the lead designer for this car and he sure "wasn't around here" when the '69 Camaro was out and about. You check that interview out and you'll see what I mean. ...talk about clueless about building "new technology retro muscle". ...so they'll build something else... what it is I have no idea. it seems to be part Cadillac, part "tuner", part muscle. Hey it will outsell the GTO by a few units. No suprise GM has big issues. One gaf after another. Gee how are H-3 sales doing these days? GM needs Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Hummer like a hole in the head. I sure hope they get their act together for the sake of the employees but when I see this Camaro concept I have my doubts. JMO
Old 01-16-2006, 09:51 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

Here's some interior shots of the 1 Camaro and 2 Challenger. I saw these cars at auto show today and I'll admit that the Camaro isn't as bad in person as it is in pictures, but it still leaves alot to be desired IMO. The Challenger is pretty cool though.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13448/E0861881BF784B9C8B8AED1F5DB20EAD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13448/1F2D1321824B408A8D59FA63BFD04C7E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-17-2006, 08:53 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Stckman Date 1/15/2006 3:35:27 AM
you guys are crazy...

the reason the challenger looks good is cause IT IS THE SAME CAR! look at it! i wouldnt buy it cause i like to have a NEW car... thats what my dad drove when i was like 4 years old... i think what the stang is doing is taking SOME elements and making it into a modern looking retro INSPIRED car... not just making the CAR out of plastic like the challenger did...

thats why i kinda give props to the camaro... it LOOKS like a new car... although it is kinda ugly they just didnt put low profile tires on a car from 1969... this is supposed to be the year 2006
I agree. The reason the new Challenger looks so good is because they copied the original. No creativity was excercised in its design. They just copied the original. At least the new Camaro show car is a modernized version of the '69 model, and I look forward to seeing how they clean up the final design. Question - Will Pontiac come out with a Firebird based upon this platform? If so, I hope they don't copy the '69 body style, as that front-end was (f)ugly.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

Hope they still go ahead with it when they declare bankruptcy in 2 months. lol.