Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Subwoofer Box

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:21 AM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Custom Subwoofer Box

ORIGINAL: drtc

hey everyone. Im new here but i wanted to add some type of input. heres a link to a subwoofer enclosure for 2 10in or 12in subs. $149
http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2204
Does anybody have any pictures of this installed their trunk? How well does it fit and what type of speakers did you use with it?
Old 04-12-2007, 04:10 AM
dalineone

I don't have pictures of this box in a car. The challenge is mounting this so it doesn't slide in your trunk. The woofers will fire toward the back of the trunk and you will have space on the sides and top of the speaker box still exposing the back of the rear seats looking from the back of the trunk into the car. If you think this box will go from top to bottom and side to side it does not. Hope this helps in finding a box. I am using a q forms box for the time being with a single 12"sound great and still have plenty of trunk space. If you are going for a system with high quality audio build a custom box...it'll be cheaper in the long run.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:17 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

Haha, worried about trunk space? I should show ya'll a picture of my setup. There is literally NO space at all. I'll see if I can grab a picture today.

~Fred
Old 04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

This is what I have with the amp mounted under the rear deck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MTX-THUNDERFORM-...QQcmdZViewItem

I will try to get some pics up in the next couple of days, but I know a few other guys are running this sub too.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Nazar

For those looking for a classy solution to your sub box question. Here is a link to the e-bay. There is a left side and a right side boxes to have a matching trunk enclosures in the Mustang.

http://cgi.ebay.com/05-06-07-FORD-MU...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-26-2007, 07:51 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Get yourself a book on speaker box construction. Radio Shack used to sell one for about $10. Yes, it's pretty basic, but it does cover standard sub enclosures and has all the equations you will need. Choose your sub(s). The sub will come with a data sheet that states all of the relevant parameters (T/S numbers) You use these numbers to calculate the volume of the box and the dimensions of the port(s) if you choose to make a ported box.

+1 You need to know the QTS of the woofer and match it to the
CID of the box.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:13 PM
rasoronni

Well i dont know if this helps but......here is a link that some one posted a while back that was made for the stang http://www.tccustomz.com/inc/sdetail/85 .Here is where i am going to buy my next speaker box. I like how they put the mustang on the box and made it stick out a bit and for a little bit more you can have it painted to match your stang.Very good price IMO. i went to a local car shop and the guy was saying it was going to cost me $2000.00 to have a custom made fiberglass sub box. I hope this helps any one looking for a sub box.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I am deciding what box to get for my 2 10' kicker cvr's. I can order a box from kicker pretty cheap and it will take up 1/2 my trunk probably. I really wanted anarchycustoms to build me 2 boxes for the sides near the tail lights. I like that idea. But like someone said in this post earlier the subs might cancel each other out since they would kinda face each other. So now I'm not sure what to do. any ideas
Old 08-31-2007, 06:42 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

here is mine...

Old 08-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

holy old threads batman!!!

Quick Reply: Custom Subwoofer Box