Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Subwoofer Box

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 01:27 AM
Beholdthecow

Default Custom Subwoofer Box

I have been looking into adding a couple subwoofers to my 2005 V6 Mustang, but am having trouble deciding where to put them. The trunk already is not very big, so I dont want to take away too much space, or get in the way of the fold down seats if I can help it. I ran accross this custom designed box by Scosche, but wanted to know if anyone has tried this, or if it is a good buy.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cjjBNZo...142FDMUS5U#Tab

Also, it only fits the passenger side, and I cant find a matching one for the drivers side... what can I say I like things symmetrical. Anyway, is this something that is worth buying, or is there a better option for adding 1-2 subwoofers to my car?

While I'm at it, how many watts do you think I need? I'm not looking to win any contests, just add a nice boost to my system, and maybe turn a few heads sometimes. I was thinking around 400 per woofer, is that enough? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:31 AM
matt8475

Default RE: Custom Subwoofer Box

i would think 400 to each woofer should be plenty but it depends on the size of the sub
Old 02-01-2006, 02:50 AM
leenew

I just orderd a custom box from a place on ebay that is fiber glass and mdf. It even has a raised mustang emblem in the center. I did a lot of searching and this was the best. they also have boxes on ebay that fit were the stock shaker woofer fits. both are great boxes.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:21 PM
2horsegarage

FRom an acoustical stand point, you do not want subs on either side facing each other. They need to be sis by side so they can work together. The "bass" sound is air movement, and if they farce eachother, you will actually reduce thump produced.......
Old 02-01-2006, 07:01 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

The Mother of All Subwoofers
Thousands and thousands of years ago, man climbed the mountains of the gods and stole their fire. Not much had happened since then, until now. Behold, man has once again climbed the mountain of the gods, broke into their cars, and stole their audio equipment. The Mother of all Subwoofers is simply the pinnacle of all things audio. The basket is pure unobtanium, the magnets forged by Thor himself! The super stiff cone is made from the pulp of the ambrosia plant, finely woven into perfection. This amazing driver is capable of going as low as -500 antiherz! Special warning about KalecoAuto Audio Equipment: Listening to such equipment by mortals is HIGHLY ill advised!

[IMG]local://upfiles/23905/3621EEA381A141C7A4358AD380D68550.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-01-2006, 08:27 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: leenew

I just orderd a custom box from a place on ebay that is fiber glass and mdf. It even has a raised mustang emblem in the center. I did a lot of searching and this was the best. they also have boxes on ebay that fit were the stock shaker woofer fits. both are great boxes.

where on ebay did you get this box? how did it fit? im very curious.. i tried searching for it on ebay but couldnt find it
Old 02-01-2006, 08:36 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

nevermind i found it... looks pretty good for the price... I went to a custom shop that wanted to taken me for between $900-$3500 for a custom box... tell me how it looks when you install it...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:49 PM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skilz4u2nv

$900-$3500 for a custom box...
[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Holy Cr@p do you know who much MDF I can screw up to make my own custom box for $900. I hope you ran out of their. What was he gonna make it out of??
Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Beholdthecow

Thanks 2horsegarage, I never thought of that.

I found the box leenew was talking about on ebay, and now im torn between the original one I was looking at and the one he ordered... I'll put links to both of them below, so anyone who happens to have tried them your opinions are greatly appriciated. Let me know how the install goes and how much space the fiberglass box takes when you install it leenew. This is a tough decision...

How much better are 2 subs going to sound than just one?

Single Fitted Sub Box

Double Fiberglass box
Old 02-01-2006, 10:16 PM
NoOriginalNamesLeft
2nd Gear Member

Wow, that fiberglass looks a lot better than I expected, but it looks like you make your trunk completely useless.

Quick Reply: Custom Subwoofer Box