Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally,,, my order,,,,,

Old 02-11-2006, 03:05 AM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

Default Finally,,, my order,,,,,

GOT SERIALIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As of feb 9. Any idea how long after that before the car gets to the dealer?
I ordered this car june 22, 05. Loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnng wait!!!!!!! Vista Blue GT premium 5 speed manual, 64W polished bullit style wheels, IUP in medium parchment, locking lugs.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:28 AM
GTJohnny
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Finally,,, my order,,,,,

Ordered my T-grey GT Jan 30th. Got my VIN today from the dealer. He said to expect delivery the end of March.We'll see who gets delivery first! Good Luck!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:27 AM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

Good luck to you GTJOHNNY!! I allready have a GT , just couldn't wait so i flew to Vegas and bought one and drove it home. Didn't like the idea that i waited 36 years to get this car then settle for the wrong color, so I am selling the redfire one and buying the blue one when it gets here in 5 or 6 weeks???
You will love the car, it has a lot of character ans plenty of potential!! You mentioned mods in another thread,are you going with a blower kit or staying normally aspirated?
Old 02-11-2006, 09:35 AM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gregsdart

GOT SERIALIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As of feb 9. Any idea how long after that before the car gets to the dealer?
I ordered this car june 22, 05. Loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnng wait!!!!!!! Vista Blue GT premium 5 speed manual, 64W polished bullit style wheels, IUP in medium parchment, locking lugs.
Holy Crap 8 Months!!! thats a long time!!!!! I'm sure your gonna have a blast with it.

I have to rant a bit.
What is Ford's problem why can't they prioritize? If someone puts in an order I think they should get the car before some dealer where its gonna sit on the lot!! No wonder why Ford is going to have to lay off 30000 people.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:30 AM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJ_Stang

ORIGINAL: gregsdart

Holy Crap 8 Months!!! thats a long time!!!!! I'm sure your gonna have a blast with it.

I have to rant a bit.
What is Ford's problem why can't they prioritize? If someone puts in an order I think they should get the car before some dealer where its gonna sit on the lot!! No wonder why Ford is going to have to lay off 30000 people.
Ya, that is my opinion too. Just can't figure out why Ford did it that way, sold cars should have first dibs no matter what,,,,,,,, in order of purchase. But they don't do it that way. My salesman friend felt real bad about it but couldn't get a thing going earlier.