Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steeda suspension review

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 03:35 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

Default Steeda suspension review

Well after a bit of a long wait due to items on backorder my steeda gear is finally on the car. Now I have not had the chance to really give it a full test yet, but I can give you my initial impressions if anyone is thinking of steeda components for their suspension set up.

Heres what went in:
Sport springs
adjustable upper control arm
billet lower control arms
adjustable front sway bar
rear sway bar with billet mounts
canber plates
panhard bar
panhard brace

The drop of the car is pretty much perfect in my opinion. It will probably settle a little more but right now my wheel gap between tire and fender is about 1 1/2 inches or less (about three fingers), I am running 275/40-18's all the way around. no issues with clearance anywhere.

The ride is a bit more stiff but barely, actually what i prefer. I have kept the stock dampers for now because my car has barely 2000 miles on it. The combination is working fine, and later down the road I am sure i will add the tokicos.

Body roll is significantly diminished and I have the front sway bar set on the middle setting, so i can stiffen it up even more if i decide its not enough.

The biggest and most noticeable improvement after just a short test session is the launch capabilities. There is no wheel hop at all and the car just squats and takes off, and hard shifts to 2nd gear are no different. No tailend getting out, again the power just continues to transfer to the road smoothly. I even did some very hard launches and no difference at all, very smooth and gets up to speed quickly.

Overall very happy, again not a lot of test time yet but if the weather cooperates in Pittsburgh i will get some more driving time this weekend and maybe later today.

I'll get pics up as soon as I can.