Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush offers me a full sponsorship...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 10:27 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Roush offers me a full sponsorship...

That's great. Congrats. Must have been cool has hell.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:31 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

I have been making over 500 rwhp on the stock bottom end for over 6 months with no problems. Having said that, I am also the first to say that I would not be making this much power if I wasn't plannning on building a new motor from the start. Even though it's been six months and 10K miles for me, with this much power on the stock bottom end, it is definitely NOT a matter of IF - it's a matter of WHEN...LOL so don't try this at home kiddies unless you're planning on a rebuild.

As far as the 1/4 - the car has been running 11.60's all day but that's when I was turning 7.5 - 7.6's in the 1/8. I am constantly testing/trying new custom tunes and I finally have the car running perfectly IMO with my power adders. The car will now be running 11.00's - 11.20's.

As far as what I have on the stock engine - Vortech H/O s/c with 3.31 pulley making 14 psi, #60 lbs. injectors, -8 fuel lines, Custom fuel rails, Dual fuel pumps, MT boost-a-pump, Vortech Icebox, Custom Predator tunes, 4.10 gears, Eaton Posi, Clutchmaster Clutch, steeda race suspension up front, full Metco race suspension in rear, JPC aluminum drive shaft, MT ET streets 26 1/2 X 11 17 (at track) Custom H-pipe, JBA long tube headers, Borla exhaust with roush tips, and a couple other goodies. I also have a 150 NOS fogger shot that I haven't used and won't use till I get the new engine in.

When the new motor goes in, I'm going with full slicks on bogarts, more suspension and frame work and I'm expecting mid 10's on motor and high 9's on the juice.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:13 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Hi Chevy Killer,

I will be getting my mustang back from the shop next week. They are putting a vortech with 14 PSI and a ZEX 150 shot. I have nothing done to my block. I have every intention of blowing the engine as fast as possible. I'm doing my mods in steps. There is no way my wife will let me put 10K on a new engine without it blowing it up first. It kind of narrows it down doesn’t it?

Could the stock engine by modified to take mods like that? I've been looking at the ford racing crated engines. Not sure what I'll get yet.

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

I have been making over 500 rwhp on the stock bottom end for over 6 months with no problems. Having said that, I am also the first to say that I would not be making this much power if I wasn't plannning on building a new motor from the start. Even though it's been six months and 10K miles for me, with this much power on the stock bottom end, it is definitely NOT a matter of IF - it's a matter of WHEN...LOL so don't try this at home kiddies unless you're planning on a rebuild.

As far as the 1/4 - the car has been running 11.60's all day but that's when I was turning 7.5 - 7.6's in the 1/8. I am constantly testing/trying new custom tunes and I finally have the car running perfectly IMO with my power adders. The car will now be running 11.00's - 11.20's.

As far as what I have on the stock engine - Vortech H/O s/c with 3.31 pulley making 14 psi, #60 lbs. injectors, -8 fuel lines, Custom fuel rails, Dual fuel pumps, MT boost-a-pump, Vortech Icebox, Custom Predator tunes, 4.10 gears, Eaton Posi, Clutchmaster Clutch, steeda race suspension up front, full Metco race suspension in rear, JPC aluminum drive shaft, MT ET streets 26 1/2 X 11 17 (at track) Custom H-pipe, JBA long tube headers, Borla exhaust with roush tips, and a couple other goodies. I also have a 150 NOS fogger shot that I haven't used and won't use till I get the new engine in.

When the new motor goes in, I'm going with full slicks on bogarts, more suspension and frame work and I'm expecting mid 10's on motor and high 9's on the juice.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:19 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

MARK WHY? send them my way! lol .i need some stuff! $600million in resources at least 15 championships in all forms of racing gosh i love jack roush simply because he is a guy who wanted to race, needed cash, so built a huge company to give him the funds to what he wanted to do. i've been waiting for him to get back into drag racing for years. remember the gapp&roush 4 door prostock? man where are these guys when i'm out racing? lol
Old 02-26-2006, 04:27 PM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

ChevyKiller: Do you have any videos of your runs, I'd love to see one as I'm sure many others would.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:13 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Ron - I sent you an email. I'm sure you would have no problems getting a sponsorship with your car but I don't think Roush will be interested ONLY cause you don't have a roush...LOL I think the fact my car is a signed and serialized Roush GT helped a little with their interest...[8D] + they got to experience first hand at the track how much excitement my car brings to the table when it runs. I think they missed the point though. I don't think my car would get 1/2 the attention if I was turning 8.30's with Roush equipment. Sure I got a lot of looks at the track, but I don't get mobbed till it runs. PS - the gapp&roush was awesome!!! Brings back memories....

PAT - Where are you getting 10K from? You don't have to do a new motor. I am but it's because of where I want to go NOT because of where I'm at. These new stangs have a lot of seriously good components. The Block, Drivetrain, rear end, Trans, etc.. are all really good for up to 600 rwhp IMO. The real weak link in these motors is the internals. Why not just put forged internals (pistons, rods, crank) in your stock block for about $2000 and call it a day. 14 psi & 150 shot will blow a rod through your block before you ever make it off the dyno. With just a forged internal kit and some minor suspension work and framing, your car will be able to handle 14 psi and a 150 shot. Another point is to take a look at my mods and consider what are you doing about fuel?? One of the hardest and time consuming things I have gone through is getting enough fuel into the car before it sparks out. I have done -8 fuel lines in the entire car and run two pumps with a boost-a-pump, #60 lbs. injectors and fuel rails. And you better get the vortech Icebox water-overflow upgrade box and relocate your battery to the trunk or that 14 psi you're make is going to heat your intercooler so much, you're going to have to let the car sit for 45 minutes to an hour after every single pass.

zanemoseley - there is a link in this thread to a video of the car running. The link takes you to my photo album, click the word 'RACING' at the top and you'll see a video. The video was from January so I'm a lot faster but they are still 7.5 -7.6 ET passes.