Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New Borla X-pipe and cat-back

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Joenpb
2nd Gear Member

Nice, congratulations!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:32 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Thanks.......MMR is great vendor....if you go back one page , look at the black coupler on the throttle body of my first post....they sent wrong coupler, so I made fit but it wasn't right..so less than 18 hours they had they right coupler here today, from California, you cannot ask for better service, they footed bill for overnight twice....here is a shot tonight I took after I swapped right coupler....it is a 3 1/2 " that then reduces to 3"'s and the 3" is nice and tight on the TB. oh ...side note..if you get one, get a sharp knife and scrape all the powder coat off the one tube that you hook hose up to, cause it is one thick and wd40 will not allow that latch to llock over top that lip...so take it down close as can to metal. the bbk would probably bee a nice one too>

Last edited by 6+6 Stang; 02-11-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:46 AM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
Thanks.......MMR is great vendor....if you go back one page , look at the black coupler on the throttle body of my first post....they sent wrong coupler, so I made fit but it wasn't right..so less than 18 hours they had they right coupler here today, from California, you cannot ask for better service, they footed bill for overnight twice....here is a shot tonight I took after I swapped right coupler....it is a 3 1/2 " that then reduces to 3"'s and the 3" is nice and tight on the TB. oh ...side note..if you get one, get a sharp knife and scrape all the powder coat off the one tube that you hook hose up to, cause it is one thick and wd40 will not allow that latch to llock over top that lip...so take it down close as can to metal. the bbk would probably bee a nice one too>

Hey looks nice! You should let MMR know about the modification that you needed to do, so they can modify their kit accordingly.

Last edited by LTDan; 02-12-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:37 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

oh they know///,,,the guy I talked to was the one that buillds, and he was out when overnighted my kit cause they sent the camaro cai first.....so why they overnighted the coupling too, they did good job on support, this CAI with the 2 overnight shippings they did cost them more than the cai on their end, like $50 in shipping,
Old 02-12-2011, 10:48 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

was at my tune shop today...the guy that does tunes going to write a tune for my ride, they just got a STOCK '11 shelby off dyno....all they did was a tune and under pulley, no pipes and stock cold air system..paper filter,,,before tune and pulley,,,450 hp at wheels, after tune and under pulley 560 hp at wheels, best compliment I got was when pulled up they were drooling over my '11 GT...lol...I said this is the 6'r...WHAT,,.....Man sounds like a v8 coming in....they were in aw lol...so needless to say, V6 still impressing people...

And found a spot for the Borla decal LOL You actually have to be on your belly yo see it

Last edited by 6+6 Stang; 02-12-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:34 AM
11Stang20

Originally Posted by LTDan
Alright. Finally got home with my newly installed Borla X-pipe and Cat-back exhaust. Borla is making the video right now using my car to show the difference between their 3 lines of exhausts: touring, S-type, and ATAK. They were also nice enough to give me a Dyno sheet with a baseline and a run with the exhaust installed. They initially gave me my car with the ATAK exhaust on it. It was WAY too loud for me. There was no drone, but the slightest tap on the throttle and it was noticably loud with the windows up. They took it back to the shop and put the touring exhaust on it for me. It's a really good sound and it's not incredible loud. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an exhaust for this car. The dyno sheet shows about a 10 hp increase from baseline. I'll take the best picture I can later with my phone of the sheet and post it here. They weren't sure when the video would be ready, but they said in the next couple of weeks most likely.
WOW! You received a 2011 Touring Cat Back system!! Mine had been paid for and on order for 3 months now and I still have not received it. Let me know if you do in fact have the new drone free system so I can call them back and see where mine is. I have been holding out on installing my Roush CAI and the SCT tune till I get the exhaust.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:39 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 11Stang20
WOW! You received a 2011 Touring Cat Back system!! Mine had been paid for and on order for 3 months now and I still have not received it. Let me know if you do in fact have the new drone free system so I can call them back and see where mine is. I have been holding out on installing my Roush CAI and the SCT tune till I get the exhaust.
His car was the vehicle picked for the prototype of all the Borla models. So he had his pick before anyone.