Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Replace Cloth Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Toddo

Was your steering wheel cover difficult to install? Are you happy with how it fits? It looks great.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Joenpb
2nd Gear Member

After looking for an aftermarket steering wheel, the only one I found that was the same style & looked good was the Mustang Bullitt Steering Wheel. I just don't like the price.

I went ahead and ordered a black wheelskin and am quite happy with the way it turned out. It definitely feels good in hand too. It was a little tedious putting it on, mainly because the thread they provide is about twice as long as needed. If I were to do it again I'd probably cut about 3 ft off the end, but you'll be able to see how much you'll need once you get about a 1/3 of the way done. Just take your time & be patient. The instructions said it takes about an hour, but it took me about double that. Good luck!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Swapping the craptastic cloth out for leather was easily one of my favorite mods. Looks good OP!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Toddo

I just received my interior in the mail yesterday.

I looks great. I do however wish they packed it better in the box. There are unnecessary wrinkes in some of the panels that could have been avoided.

Still, Im sure they will smooth out once this interior is installed and sits in the summer heat.

Im going to install these myself. Ill post pics.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Toddo

Still, Im sure they will smooth out once this interior is installed and sits in the summer heat.
They do
Old 04-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Toddo

Ok...so i installed this interior this weekend. Everything went well and it looks great. (lots of elbow grease....my hands are a bit sore today!) It sat in the sun yesterday and the rear seat wrinkles were already starting to smooth out.

The installation almost exactly follows the Motorz video of the 2010 interior installation, with the exception of the rear headrests.

The rear headrests on the 2011 are removed by first removing the seat cover and pad. That will expose the metal frame that holds the headrest posts. The posts are secured by the same plastic post support pieces that are in the front seats. Push the button to release the posts. The headrest body that the leather goes over is a molded two piece plastic housing that is screwed together. You'll need to unscrew and separate the halves to remove the tilt button escutcheon without damaging it.

Overall this wasn't an overly difficult install, but it was time consuming. You'll definitely need the proper tools.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Toddo

Ok...so i installed this interior this weekend. Everything went well and it looks great. (lots of elbow grease....my hands are a bit sore today!) It sat in the sun yesterday and the rear seat wrinkles were already starting to smooth out.

The installation almost exactly follows the Motorz video of the 2010 interior installation, with the exception of the rear headrests.

The rear headrests on the 2011 are removed by first removing the seat cover and pad. That will expose the metal frame that holds the headrest posts. The posts are secured by the same plastic post support pieces that are in the front seats. Push the button to release the posts. The headrest body that the leather goes over is a molded two piece plastic housing that is screwed together. You'll need to unscrew and separate the halves to remove the tilt button escutcheon without damaging it.

Overall this wasn't an overly difficult install, but it was time consuming and required alot of hand strength. You'll definitely need the proper tools also.