Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My experience with tranny issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:25 PM
06_footy
2nd Gear Member

Default My experience with tranny issues

So after taking some much deserve leave. I headed with my fiance and what would be a great 10 days. Well unfortunate to luck was my troubles with my 2012 Mustang V6 Auto with what was then less than 4000 miles on the odo. I was in route to visit the family. And just my luck the vehicle went into limp mode. After having some buddies the weeks prior tell me of a sudden jerk in the tranny as it went to a lower rpms. I just brushed it off seeing it was a new vehicle. Well My worst suspicion became a reality.

I ended up turning my vehicle to the nearest rest area and had it sit. I tried starting it and twice with no crank. The third time was the charm and she started right up. But still the issue of the limp mode coming up. I finally ended up at my destination shortly after this thankfully. Decided to let it sit overnight and drive her bright and early in the morning.

Well to make my troubles even worst. It started acting up again. So I immediately brought it to the nearest dealership where it sat for 5days. With not a single result found. So out of frustration I took it out and gave back the loaner vehicle. I didn't have to pay for it thankfully. She drove fine for one day and then...BAM! The limp mode came back on and again I went to the side of a McDonalds. Atleast I could eat something this time right?

Well had Ford pick her up and send her to another dealership (Mind you I'm out of state away from the original dealership I bought it from)

Thankfully this time around they pin pointed the issue after over 15 codes were saved on my computer. All dealing with the tranny and the surrounding sensors. Just two days later the harness was replaced and new fluid was put in the tranny along with the valvebody being taken off during the surgery.

(The codes I'll have to look up, but Sleeper_GT helped me as he was the first guy I called) Thanks bud!

Just thought Id share this. I wasn't too pleased a vehicle with 4k on the odo had this happen. That and two loaner vehicles later. But I'm glad Ford stood by me and fixed it.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Glad it worked out in the end. You should have just told the dude what I said it was. LOL
Old 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM
06_footy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Glad it worked out in the end. You should have just told the dude what I said it was. LOL
I did and like usually I get looked at like "This kid doesn't know what he's talking about"
Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Did you give him the old "I told you so" speech. LOL
Old 06-28-2012, 09:46 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Glad everything worked out. Is it me or should the title be a little differently worded lol.