Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New here, quick tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

Default New here, quick tuner question

Hi, i bought my 2007 V6 PP stang 3 months ago and i'm looking to start modding this month. I've lurked around the forums a bit & I think my first purchase is going to be a tuner - from what I've seen, I'm leaning towards the DiabloSport Predator, which doesn't seem to be a popular option - most of the threads i've read lean towards the XCAL.

What's the difference between the two? Is the Predator a solid first choice?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-15-2007, 02:46 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New here, quick tuner question

buy what kind of tuner that your local dyno or go fast shop uses.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:26 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

The XCAL is slightly more tunable, what I mean is the "big" tuners all seem to go with it. The pred is a good option and if you can get a good deal go for it. But if you are starting from scratch I'd go with the XCAL, it seems to be more DYNO tune friendly....JMO
Old 12-18-2007, 03:10 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Got a C&L and SCT tune myself and I can tell you it makes all the difference. Living in California, we can only go with the 91 oct. option tune (instead of the 93).

Also one more little thing I have heard is that depending on your location (East / West coast) usually diablo sits on one side and the sct xcal on the other. If you are planning to race, i'd go with what a local dyno shop would offer you, this way whenever you do a performance upgrade, you could get a quick doctoring to your tune and off you go.

From experience, the SCT is really simple to use from the directions given. I've seen the diablo as well and it's pretty simple setup as well.

The "best" of which has been debated over and over on these forums and you could probably do some research on these forums pretty quick for more information. I am pretty sure the DIY section has some good info... =)

gluck!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:47 PM
oldtimer stanger
1st Gear Member

i have to agree with xyster. i have a 06 pony-auto
i did alot of research and decided to go with the c&l/sct combo from vmp
he has a special priceon it now.(a combo deal saves you some $$$)
i got the 87,89,and 93 octane performance tunes.all three are great(93 is awsome)
justin is a great guy to deal with.quick replies on e-mails and is concerned about customer satisfaction.you can't go wrong with him.
my car also has a custom benth-pipe dual exhaust with gt take-off mufflers (total $260)runs very strong.hope this helps you with your questions