Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Problem with SCT Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 09:22 AM
XGC JACOBS

Default Problem with SCT Tuner

I noticed that my 93 race tune left my cooling fan on constantly and for Chicago weather it doesn't work out well in the winter. Also I've been having long crank time/trouble starting my car after it sits all night when the race tune is on. As soon as i change it to the hyrbid tune or performance tune it stops. Also on 93 race when i push the clutch in when coming to a stop my car acts like it wants to die out. The rpms bounce down to 400 or so and keep going up and down till it smooths out after 10 seconds. Anyone have an idea what this is ? Only happens on the race tune. I Called BAMA and told them about it while i also requested a hybrid tune. They "stated" that they fixed the issue but I see no change at all, still doing the same things.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:12 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

You should be able to tweak the tune with the handheld -fan & idle speed is what I have in mind. It does seem like the 93 tune is the root of the problem though and needs to be updated.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:56 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by XGC JACOBS
I noticed that my 93 race tune left my cooling fan on constantly and for Chicago weather it doesn't work out well in the winter. Also I've been having long crank time/trouble starting my car after it sits all night when the race tune is on. As soon as i change it to the hyrbid tune or performance tune it stops. Also on 93 race when i push the clutch in when coming to a stop my car acts like it wants to die out. The rpms bounce down to 400 or so and keep going up and down till it smooths out after 10 seconds. Anyone have an idea what this is ? Only happens on the race tune. I Called BAMA and told them about it while i also requested a hybrid tune. They "stated" that they fixed the issue but I see no change at all, still doing the same things.
I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some issues with your Race tune. We can absolutely get this corrected for you, quickly.

Please PM me your order number and I'll make sure you're taken care of!

-Dan