4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

!!!MODS!!!MODS

Old 05-17-2004, 11:50 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: !!!MODS!!!MODS

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

And to the dumbass that thinks because he had a high hp car hes more intelligent or knowledgable than me... let me tell you something - I have probably FORGOTTEN more about cars than your ever gonna know
was that your attempt to "own" me?? haha, loser
Let me clear the air a little here. I don't normally reply with the type of attitude I did with you. The reason I did was becaue of the pm WHT00GT sent me telling me that he makes 310 rwhp and how much do I make, and basically he is right because he makes more hp than me. Well I can tell him, his knowledge didnt make 310rwhp, his wallet and the cams and headwork he has made that power. So my tone was directed toward him, no you nomocobra - although I still disagree with you (but hey thats what forums are about right?). Hey if you still have issues thats ok, I wasn't trying to own you. That part was obviously a misunderstanding - but not the part about me disagreeing with you on the maf meter discussion.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:40 PM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

wasn't trying to start anything, just trying to prove that upgrading a maf isn't going to increase hp. check out this thread.
http://forums.modulardepot.com/showt...&highlight=maf
Old 05-17-2004, 03:33 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

That is just 1 persons opinion - but I suppose we are all entitled to one.

My opinion is, while I agree that occasionally driveability problems can occur when upgrading the mass air meter, most of the time its a great upgrade (once again in my strong opinion). The mass air meter will always be the biggest restriction, reguardless of whether or not you can squeeze another cfm out of it or not (air can be compressed remember). Most of those people who experience drivability problems have modified their intake system (especially those guys over there) to the point of which no aftermarket mass air meter would work without tuning. Just my .02

By the way WHT00GT I apologize for my previous rudeness. I responded to you last pm.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:06 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

i just oredered the c&l 85mm kit and after reading that forum im pissed and i ve been asking ppl on this forum if i need a tune with this mod and i keep getting nooo u dont have to . i mean it seams like common sence this mod brings in more air witch means your gonna run more lean no matter how u look at it. the kit comes in any day and im scared ****less to put it on now. i just got this car and i dont want to mess it up. do i need to tune the car to get the right air fuel ratio or what.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:27 PM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta
By the way WHT00GT I apologize for my previous rudeness. I responded to you last pm.
no hard feelings, i apologize too. sorry for flamming everyone...

ORIGINAL: 04mustang
i just oredered the c&l 85mm kit and after reading that forum im pissed and i ve been asking ppl on this forum if i need a tune with this mod and i keep getting nooo u dont have to . i mean it seams like common sence this mod brings in more air witch means your gonna run more lean no matter how u look at it. the kit comes in any day and im scared ****less to put it on now. i just got this car and i dont want to mess it up. do i need to tune the car to get the right air fuel ratio or what.
if you want to try it, try it... if not send it back and get a refund if you can. you will need to get your car tuned to get THE RIGHT A/F's.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:38 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

The meter is designed to, of course increase airflow - but it is calibrated to compensate for that. Don't be afraid to install it, but if you get any driveability problems put your stock one back on and either return it or put it on and get the car tuned. Believe me - if it's typical for most people to get problems then the manufactures would certainly be getting sued or not be selling them like they do. What you hear about are rare cases where the manufacturer didnt expect those kinds of mods when they calibrated it from the factory.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:44 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

thanx for the quick reply what kinda problems should i look for? rough idle? thanx
Old 05-17-2004, 04:45 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

and is the diablo predator a good tool to uses for tuning or is nothing better than a perfessional ?
Old 05-17-2004, 07:58 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

and is the diablo predator a good tool to uses for tuning or is nothing better than a perfessional ?
Well, I can say that a tool is worthless without the experience. In all honestly - as much as I like to believe I know "everything" about "everything" (lolz....) - I planned on getting a custom dyno tune when I installed my supercharger (which obviously I decided against spending the 4k). So, in a nutshell, you can't EVER beat a custom professional dyno tune - but the diablo tuner is a great tool.

Oh, and as far as what to look for with mass air problems - things like sluggesh throttle response, rough idle, stalling - just general drivability problems (things you can obviously notice), maybe even detonation.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:09 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Dude, you are not going to hurt you car. I had my setup on for 5mths before I got my tune, & not so much as a check engine light came on. Yea, it's going to lean out, but it will not hurt you car like you are thinking. Get the tune to correct you a/f ratio when you have everything done to your car, or you'll be spending more $$$ going back/forward again, & again.