4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

( Noob ) needs help deciding how to efficiently tune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 07:12 PM
MohammadK

Default RE: ( Noob ) needs help deciding how to efficiently tune?

thanks for the info guys but i have a few comments lol one im not a complete idiot i know i wont get that much power from just a pulley and shift **** heh.....although I do understand now how reliable they just can be and it is in fact how i want to drive my car i do plan on taking it to the track but doubt it will be as often as other track drivers......also i think he means its cheap to get it to 500hp no adding 500hp unless im mistaken......i am 16 indeed heh! but if im working the way i am now i can get an additional 200hp in no time
Old 11-16-2006, 09:20 PM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

[/quote]

Little cash? to get to 500rwhp you will need Bolt ons, fuel system, tranny, rearend, s/c, i/c, forged internals etc........... Little cash? since when is $8000+ to a 16 yearold, or hell to anybody???

Yeah the mustang is a great car to mod, but its far from cheap buddy. I spent $2k on bolt ons to get to 250rwhp( thats only half of 500rwhp, and the cheap half). Not too cheap my friend, not too cheap.

Im not bashing on anyone or anything, I just dont want this kid to think hes gonna be knocking out Z06's on the street with underdrive pullies and a shift ****.

[/quote]

Okay, so what you said is very true. But I guess my biggest point I wanted to get across was just that Mustangs are probably one of th best cars to mod. They were, in my opinion, built to be modded. I guess where I came around with "little cash" was just kind of a general term. Sorry for the misleading. I do understand how much it truly does cost to get horsepower to where you want. I'm pushing around 340HP, with a modded 96 Mustang GT. It's got cold air intake andba Powerdyne Supercharger and a few other mods like 30lb Injectors, ported calibrated t injectors, 200 ltr hour inline fuel pump, jamex lowering kit (obviously not engine upgrade) and there's several other mods. The engine looks real good, so I want to fix up the body again. The lights need work, the paint needs minor work, the Cobra R hood needs some work and the Saleen body kit needs some work. And most important, it needs a new windshield.

So I understand modding isn't cheap, although worth while, and it takes time too. You can't expect to just walk into a place and find the part you want for the price you think. Many time teens get this misrepresentation through TV or video games like Need For Speed that parts cost 400 "credits" when in fact it's more like 1400 dollars.

So again, I'm sorry for giving the misrepresentation that modding is cheap and easy. And yes I meant to get to 500HP. If it's a 99-00 GT you should already have roughly 260 horses under the hood to start off with. I went with smaller, cheaper mods first. Stuff that would help performance a little bit, but help be more reliable and set up for the big stuff, like a supercharger in my case, or turbo or something.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:48 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dastangman

Little cash? to get to 500rwhp you will need Bolt ons, fuel system, tranny, rearend, s/c, i/c, forged internals etc........... Little cash? since when is $8000+ to a 16 yearold, or hell to anybody???

Yeah the mustang is a great car to mod, but its far from cheap buddy. I spent $2k on bolt ons to get to 250rwhp( thats only half of 500rwhp, and the cheap half). Not too cheap my friend, not too cheap.

Im not bashing on anyone or anything, I just dont want this kid to think hes gonna be knocking out Z06's on the street with underdrive pullies and a shift ****.

[/quote]

Okay, so what you said is very true. But I guess my biggest point I wanted to get across was just that Mustangs are probably one of th best cars to mod. They were, in my opinion, built to be modded. I guess where I came around with "little cash" was just kind of a general term. Sorry for the misleading. I do understand how much it truly does cost to get horsepower to where you want. I'm pushing around 340HP, with a modded 96 Mustang GT. It's got cold air intake andba Powerdyne Supercharger and a few other mods like 30lb Injectors, ported calibrated t injectors, 200 ltr hour inline fuel pump, jamex lowering kit (obviously not engine upgrade) and there's several other mods. The engine looks real good, so I want to fix up the body again. The lights need work, the paint needs minor work, the Cobra R hood needs some work and the Saleen body kit needs some work. And most important, it needs a new windshield.

So I understand modding isn't cheap, although worth while, and it takes time too. You can't expect to just walk into a place and find the part you want for the price you think. Many time teens get this misrepresentation through TV or video games like Need For Speed that parts cost 400 "credits" when in fact it's more like 1400 dollars.

So again, I'm sorry for giving the misrepresentation that modding is cheap and easy. And yes I meant to get to 500HP. If it's a 99-00 GT you should already have roughly 260 horses under the hood to start off with. I went with smaller, cheaper mods first. Stuff that would help performance a little bit, but help be more reliable and set up for the big stuff, like a supercharger in my case, or turbo or something.
[/quote]

VERY VERY true. I agree that It is 100% worthwhile. I loved everything I modded on my car. Sounds like you have a kick *** car.

thanks for the info guys but i have a few comments lol one im not a complete idiot i know i wont get that much power from just a pulley and shift **** heh.....although I do understand now how reliable they just can be and it is in fact how i want to drive my car i do plan on taking it to the track but doubt it will be as often as other track drivers......also i think he means its cheap to get it to 500hp no adding 500hp unless im mistaken......i am 16 indeed heh! but if im working the way i am now i can get an additional 200hp in no time
The pully and shift **** was a joke buddy. And its not cheap TO GET TO 500hp. But you can get there with a few thousand, and you will have an awesome car!