4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

bye bye mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 04:42 PM
StrklyBizness
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: bye bye mustang

since your insured, whats the insureane company going to do for you?
Old 11-20-2006, 04:51 PM
HpOoRwSeEr
2nd Gear Member

^ he already bought a BMW. sorry for the stang bro. BMW is the only foreign car i would ever buy, good choice. although, for me once you go mustang you never go back.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:53 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

What kind of BMW did you get? Year, Model, Color, etc? Cmon you can't just say you got a BMW and not give the full details! lol
Old 11-20-2006, 04:58 PM
StrklyBizness
2nd Gear Member

ahh, missed that post...Mustang to BMW. To each his own i suppose.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:58 PM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

i feel your pain. i got rear ended on friday and the dude got away.. but i got his tag :-) take the insurance money and buy a cobra or a mach?? i would! sorry to hear about your loss bro
Old 11-20-2006, 05:15 PM
bdogga25

The insurance company hooked me up, hence the BMW....For all you guys that put a ton of money into your mods: Save you receipts for parts and labor!!! I was reimbursed for most of the aftermarket mods that I did. I never really put a ton of money into the car, only a BBK CAI, Eibach Springs, Grill Delete, Chin Spoiler, Tint, Alarm, Stereo Components. But I saved all my receipts and gave them to the adjuster, and that was figured into the cash value.

I bought a 325Ci, 5 Speed with the Sport Package...I was looking at a few stangs, a lightning, then drove this car and they don't call it the ultimate driving machine for nothing. Although its only a 325, its mint. Don't get me wrong, it has no where near the ***** that the mustang had, but its a pretty quick little car. It feels like it has a short throw compared to the mustang, and the suspension is ridiculous. It handles 10 times better than the stang did, I can take off ramps/corners at very high speeds and it just sticks with minimal body roll. Plus it has all the bells and whistles, i.e. heated seats, leather, traction, xenon, auto-dim mirror, on board computer, no nav, sunroof/moonroof, airbags all over the place, etc etc. But I will tell you, I do sometimes miss the power that the stang had, such as laying down a huge possi strip, but overall I do like the BMW better. If any of you guys ever get a chance, just test drive one, Im sure you'll agree. And the forums for the BMWs are great, very informative and a lot of DIY advice.

Ill go snap a pic and post it.

BTW - Thanks for the kind words you guys, drive safe!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:28 PM
bdogga25

here it is:

[IMG]local://upfiles/26075/D82CA958EB684A6D8D6D6B62E9078527.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26075/87603299A6694C1BAC4CE256081C75C5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-20-2006, 06:32 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bdogga25

The insurance company hooked me up, hence the BMW....For all you guys that put a ton of money into your mods: Save you receipts for parts and labor!!! I was reimbursed for most of the aftermarket mods that I did. I never really put a ton of money into the car, only a BBK CAI, Eibach Springs, Grill Delete, Chin Spoiler, Tint, Alarm, Stereo Components. But I saved all my receipts and gave them to the adjuster, and that was figured into the cash value.

I bought a 325Ci, 5 Speed with the Sport Package...I was looking at a few stangs, a lightning, then drove this car and they don't call it the ultimate driving machine for nothing. Although its only a 325, its mint. Don't get me wrong, it has no where near the ***** that the mustang had, but its a pretty quick little car. It feels like it has a short throw compared to the mustang, and the suspension is ridiculous. It handles 10 times better than the stang did, I can take off ramps/corners at very high speeds and it just sticks with minimal body roll. Plus it has all the bells and whistles, i.e. heated seats, leather, traction, xenon, auto-dim mirror, on board computer, no nav, sunroof/moonroof, airbags all over the place, etc etc. But I will tell you, I do sometimes miss the power that the stang had, such as laying down a huge possi strip, but overall I do like the BMW better. If any of you guys ever get a chance, just test drive one, Im sure you'll agree. And the forums for the BMWs are great, very informative and a lot of DIY advice.

Ill go snap a pic and post it.

BTW - Thanks for the kind words you guys, drive safe!
Roadfly FTW. Best automotive boards ever. *COUGHEDIT* AFTER MUSTANGFORUMS OF COURSE *COUGHCOUGH*
Old 11-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Gumby
2nd Gear Member

Very nice, but hope you consider buying another mustang some day. I guess everytime you drive along that stretch of road you'll be watching for some deer to jump out at you.[sm=smiley3.gif] Hope it doesn't happen to your BMW, people will become afraid to ride in the car with you.