4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

GT500 vs Roush Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 04:29 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: GT500 vs Roush Stage 3

Can't really compare a mustang a lotus. Two TOTALLY different platforms of racecars.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:38 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

Can't really compare a mustang a lotus. Two TOTALLY different platforms of racecars.
+1 on that one. How about we compaire a Saleen S7 TT to a lotus? Huh i guess that would even the score a little. Both are race inspired track built cars. But oh know the brits couldnt stand to admit be got um beat!
Old 12-16-2006, 04:49 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben790450

ORIGINAL: wwmost

i hate when all he does is swing the damn car around the corner and just burnout. thats not fast.
I strongly disagree with you my friend. On the contrary a true show of speed is the full ability: Power, handling, braking. Even though the Shelby has a lot of the first it has non of the second and third. The roush has all three. What good is a fast car if you're only fast in a straight line? Its like i have a lot of mustang friends in this Mustang Mafia club here in CO. My friend has an 04 Roush stage 2 with 75 mm TB & UI and a tuner and thats it. When we play around on the street he always gets his arss handed to him by all the other guys in bolt on GT's. When we cruise up to the mountians me and him just leave everyone in the dust. We raced up "the pass" (the road i have to drive everyday to get to work and back) with two 03 cobra's and just ate them alive. I we were swinging around corners and my tires were'nt even close to breaking loose and even making noise and those cobras were squeeling and jumping all over the place. Thats why i hate IRS. The almighting cobra couldnt keep up with the 2v's. Me and the Roush went at it too and he broke out before it did and he bought a car thats built for handling and i paid half the price for my car and put some money into it and still smoked a track built car around the corners. (I have tubular upper and lower control arms, full length weld in subframes, tower bar, performance springs 2 1/4" drop, etc) Fun stuff.

I could be wrong but I think he was referring to the driver of the mustang not driving it correctly... in the corners it seemed that he was not controlling the car like he should and consistently spinning the wheels which resulted in him swinging the back end of the car out which would drop his lap times down.. if the car was more controlled then it may of stood a better chance..
Old 12-16-2006, 05:07 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

i hate when all he does is swing the damn car around the corner and just burnout. thats not fast.
I strongly disagree with you my friend. On the contrary a true show of speed is the full ability: Power, handling, braking. Even though the Shelby has a lot of the first it has non of the second and third. The roush has all three. What good is a fast car if you're only fast in a straight line? Its like i have a lot of mustang friends in this Mustang Mafia club here in CO. My friend has an 04 Roush stage 2 with 75 mm TB & UI and a tuner and thats it. When we play around on the street he always gets his arss handed to him by all the other guys in bolt on GT's. When we cruise up to the mountians me and him just leave everyone in the dust. We raced up "the pass" (the road i have to drive everyday to get to work and back) with two 03 cobra's and just ate them alive. I we were swinging around corners and my tires were'nt even close to breaking loose and even making noise and those cobras were squeeling and jumping all over the place. Thats why i hate IRS. The almighting cobra couldnt keep up with the 2v's. Me and the Roush went at it too and he broke out before it did and he bought a car thats built for handling and i paid half the price for my car and put some money into it and still smoked a track built car around the corners. (I have tubular upper and lower control arms, full length weld in subframes, tower bar, performance springs 2 1/4" drop, etc) Fun stuff.
i know what the hell are you saying? i was saying that its stupid that all he does is drift around corners. i said nothing about only being fast in a straight line.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:15 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

i know what the hell are you saying? i was saying that its stupid that all he does is drift around corners. i said nothing about only being fast in a straight line.

I was pretty sure that's what you were saying... and to that I agree.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:51 PM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

Very interesting video and commentary by Jeremy. Thanks for posting.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:15 PM
CoolAid
3rd Gear Member

Nice post of the videos. I don't understand the quarrel on the video pages' comment space. BIG SURPRISE that a British Go-Kart can take out a white stripped American Ocean-Liner in the turns and twistys.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:21 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

No dude Jeremy Clarkson knows how to drive. It wasnt his fault that Ford screwed up bad on the GT500's suspension.