4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

S/C vs. 3 major N/A parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:50 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: S/C vs. 3 major N/A parts

I will put a stock nitrous motor on a 100 shot against a stock blower motor with same suspension mods anyday.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:49 AM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Lots of mis-information in this thread.

Get a D1SC kit if you're looking to build it up later. Going N/A on a 2v, is probably the worst most costly thing you could do. My hats off to a few people who have done it successfully and spent assloads of money getting there. But my used 2500$ s/c kit puts out more power than just about every 2v out there.
Where'd you get your s/c kit? Please don't tell me ebay because I've had bad experiences with ebay... But yea I'm interested. And what else have you done to the car, as far as beefing things up and strengthening? Sounds practical to me, andpractical is always good.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:34 AM
saleenstuff
2nd Gear Member

Sniper,

You might think about unloading the car to one of your buddies, and "buy up" (Cobra/Saleen/Roush, etc.).

That way you have instant equity in something that will appreciate in value--remember, people love to
buy a car for $10,000 that someone has $25,000 invested in.

Just a thought.

Major Mike
Old 01-13-2007, 11:44 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MarineCorps03GT

Lots of mis-information in this thread.

Get a D1SC kit if you're looking to build it up later. Going N/A on a 2v, is probably the worst most costly thing you could do. My hats off to a few people who have done it successfully and spent assloads of money getting there. But my used 2500$ s/c kit puts out more power than just about every 2v out there.
Where'd you get your s/c kit? Please don't tell me ebay because I've had bad experiences with ebay... But yea I'm interested. And what else have you done to the car, as far as beefing things up and strengthening? Sounds practical to me, andpractical is always good.
It's a stock engine; currently i have a t45 with a king cobra clutch. However, the tranny is all but dead. I have a t3650 and a spec2 and mgw shifter waiting to go in any weekend here. Was supposed to be this weekend but my buddy went away that was gonna help me.

I got my kit off of corral.net's classifieds. It's a forum just like we have, but the classified section is very active. I wasn't in any hurry to buy the s/c so I had the option of being patient. Three months before I actually was ready to purchase the s/c, someone was selling this p1sc kit and they were about 1.5 hours from me. I jumped on it, and just let it sit in my closet for about 2.5 months before I installed it. I've had good expeeriences there.... bought ceramic coated LT's brand new for 400 shipped, brand new nitto's 200shipped, used catted shorty H 70shipped.

Doing what I did you just have to have patience though and just check the forums everyday to see whats new. Also, nitrous isn't a bad way to go. You just have to decide what exactly you want and if the extra money for the s/c is worth it to you. Either way you go nitrous or s/c you cant go wrong, much better route than n/a.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:16 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: code3GT

I will put a stock nitrous motor on a 100 shot against a stock blower motor with same suspension mods anyday.
Oh yeah! Well well well! [:@]

Ill take you up on that best but best 55 out of 60. Eventiually that bottles gonna run out!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

It's a stock engine; currently i have a t45 with a king cobra clutch. However, the tranny is all but dead. I have a t3650 and a spec2 and mgw shifter waiting to go in any weekend here. Was supposed to be this weekend but my buddy went away that was gonna help me.

I got my kit off of corral.net's classifieds. It's a forum just like we have, but the classified section is very active. I wasn't in any hurry to buy the s/c so I had the option of being patient. Three months before I actually was ready to purchase the s/c, someone was selling this p1sc kit and they were about 1.5 hours from me. I jumped on it, and just let it sit in my closet for about 2.5 months before I installed it. I've had good expeeriences there.... bought ceramic coated LT's brand new for 400 shipped, brand new nitto's 200shipped, used catted shorty H 70shipped.

Doing what I did you just have to have patience though and just check the forums everyday to see whats new. Also, nitrous isn't a bad way to go. You just have to decide what exactly you want and if the extra money for the s/c is worth it to you. Either way you go nitrous or s/c you cant go wrong, much better route than n/a.
Alright sounds good, I'm definitely gonna be hitting up those forums. I need to built up the bank a little bit anyway, so it'll be a minute or two before I have the money. Now for your engine... so it's litteraly stock as far as strengthening mods, am I reading that correctly? All you did was a new clutch? And how long have you had the s/c installed... I ask because I want to know exactlyhow durable a s/c'd stock motor is... not one bad experience so far?

And the reason I dont wanna go with spray is that I always want that power to be there... I dont want to have to push a button, you know? If I feel like going for a joy ride, I dont want to havekeep using the nitrous, then sometime in the future show up at a race and realize my bottle's empty, you know? It's just a thing I have...